Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion sandbox security - enabling coldfusion security results in 500 Null

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2006 Jun 28, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

we are using cfmx 7 enterprise in a multi instance configuration.

I am trying to enable the sandbox, but everytime I click enable, restart cfmx - the instance dissapers and produces 500 null errors on all the sites...

I have to manuall edit the neo-security.xml file and turn it off - restart cfmx and it all comes back....

I have had a hunt on the net and changed the jvm.config file.- http://www.adobe.com/go/343d0d2c

but it still doesnt work, it doesnt work locally as well as production servers, am I missing something ? do I have to change some settings / create some sandboxes before I enable this?

win 2003 spk 1 iis6

HELP!
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2006 Jul 27, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi, John:

I wanted to reply to your post sooner, but I've had problems posting to this site from my work computer for the past few weeks. I hope you've figured it out. If not, here goes:

The Adobe TechNote instructions apparently don't work for many people; the instructions are close, but no cigar. I got Sandbox to work with our Win2k3 / Multiserver install. Try the following steps:

1) Open jvm.config in your text editor.
2) In the "Arguments to VM" section, **append** the following text to the java.args line:
-Djava.security.manager "-Djava.security.policy={application.home}/servers/cfusion/cfusion-ear/cfusion-war/WEB-INF/cfusion/lib/coldfusion.policy" "-Djava.security.auth.policy={application.home}/servers/cfusion/cfusion-ear/cfusion-war/WEB-INF/cfusion/lib/neo_jaas.policy"

The TechNote seems to cause people problems because: (1) It doesn't note that the JVM arguments must be appended to the single java.args line - if typed in with line breaks as displayed in the TechNote, config will fail, and (2) For the policy and auth policy args, the quotation marks shold begin at "Djava.security..." rather than at the directory pointers.

I hope this works for you. If not, holler again.

-Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation