Expand my Community achievements bar.

String Value of Barcode

Former Community Member
We're using Code128 barcodes with a 14 character identifier. I've been able to get the xml of the barcode using decode, but is there an easier way to get the value from the xml than using xpath? I just want a string with a value like 12345678001002. This is the xml result:<br /><br />><?xml version="1.0" ?> <br /> <xb:scanned_image path="pdf" version="1.0" xmlns:xb="http://decoder.barcodedforms.adobe.com/xmlbeans"><br /> <xb:decode><br /> <xb:date>2008-06-16T14:36:30.670-04:00</xb:date> <br /> <xb:host_name> </xb:host_name> <br /> <xb:status type="success"><br /> <xb:message /> <br /> </xb:status><br /> </xb:decode><br /> <xb:barcode id="1"><br /> <xb:header symbology="code128"><br /> <xb:location page_no="1"><br /> <xb:coordinates><br /> <xb:point x="0.0" y="0.0" /> <br /> <xb:point x="1.0" y="0.0" /> <br /> <xb:point x="1.0" y="1.0" /> <br /> <xb:point x="0.0" y="1.0" /> <br /> </xb:coordinates><br /> </xb:location><br /> </xb:header><br /> <xb:body><br /> <xb:content encoding="utf-8">666666002004</xb:content> <br /> </xb:body><br /> </xb:barcode><br /></xb:scanned_image><br /><br />If I do try to use extractToXml (and I don't have any deliminated data) I get an invalidOperationException, saying <br /><br />>" System.Xml.XmlException: The 'document' start tag on line 1 does not match the end tag of 'barcode'. Line 2, position 36. "
1 Reply

Former Community Member
The extractToXML service should be used on data that is extracted from the 2D barcodes that have been encoded using the tab-delimited format including field names.

In your case, simply use the Decode service and then use the Set service to move the value from the //content element into your variable.