• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ssl dbm's not loading on iis6 with cf8

New Here ,
Dec 28, 2007 Dec 28, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a windows 2003 server with iis6 and cf8 dbm files will load after a configuration change I made to the extention mappings on the server to match the setting of cfm files, however when my dbm files are loaded in ssl (with a https tag) I get the message

Server Error

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Either the Macromedia application server(s) are unreachable or none of them has a mapping to process this request.

dbm's work fine on non ssl (non https links)
cfm's work fine on non ssl and ssl links

dbm files are the only thing giving me trouble with cf8 standard on iis6 right now

is there a fix for this?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 08, 2010 Jun 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem running *.dbm with Windows Server 2008 and CF8...

I've tried to look at adding the extension in the CF Administrator, but can't.

I have also tried to do it with Windows Server 2008 - by adding handling instructions.

It still doesn't work, I even set it up as the same .cfm handling.

Get this...

On remote machine hitting server...

----------------------------

Server Error in '/' Application.

Runtime Error

And this...

On server itself running site...

Server Error in '/' Application.

Could Not Load Type 'C\coldfusion8\runtime\lib\wsconfig\jrun_iis6.dll'

'C\coldfusion8\runtime\lib\wsconfig\jrun_iis6.dll'

This is the same handling for .cfm, .cfml, etc...

Anyone have any ideas of how to run *.dbm on Windows Server 2008 - ColdFusion 8???

I could change file name extensions... But would be much easier if I found a solution.

Thanx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dunno the answer to your question, but DBM files??  Bloody hell... how old is that code?  When did CF templates change from being DBM to CFM?  CF 2.0?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL - yes they are old...

They were still supported in CF5 actually...

I can always change the extension to .cfm...

Most of my files are at .cfm...

But I do have a lot of old files still getting hit from search engines if u know what I mean...

Plus I never converted my login/admin files...

So I would then get a bunch of server errors...

So even if I can find a redirection option - I could change the file extensions and not get the server errors....

I do have pages still from 1998 out there... Which yes ur right - CF2 - CF3 etc...

Thanx for reminding me how old I am...

Merle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I gues a 404 Handler would work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, well you could rename the files and use URL rewriting to still accept the old URLs, redirecting them to the new file, or using a 301 to redirect to the renamed file.

You say you looked to do this in CFAdmin... it's the connection between the webserver and CF that's causing the problem here, so CF ain't even gonna know about the requests, because the webserver can't route them.  So you need to look at your web server config.

If I was doing this I'd see what the web server does with the CFM files and replicate that for DMB files.

(Well if I was doing this, I'd go the rename/url rewrite route, to be honest.  And I probably would have done it back in the 20thC 😉

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea... I have set the server handlings of it to be the same as .cfm and .cfml etc...

No luck... So not sure what to do other than the handling options offered...

Actually - probably quicker to just rename the extension to .cfm as the code is the same...

And then hunt out any ones that give the server trouble...

As I've spent about 2hrs trying to find a solution - which would have been done already if I just did the extension change...

And maybe add MIME handling of them - to even redirect...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yea... I have set the server handlings of it to be the same as .cfm and .cfml etc...

No luck... So not sure what to do other than the handling options offered...

Aha!  I had a bit more of a shufti around, and have possibly found it.  Or something.

Have a look in WEB-INF/web.xml... there's a mapping in there for CFM and CFC handlers.  Maybe chuck one in for DBM files..?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm away from my computer - where is that one located?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[JRun dir]/servers/[instance name]/cfusion-ear/cfusion-war/WEB-INF/web.xml on a multiserver install, and... um... dunno, on a stand-alone install (I never use it)... within the ColdFusion dir?

--

Adam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation