Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Targeting Webhelp within a frame set

Dec 17, 2007 Dec 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our Webhelp runs within a frame set. The lower frame displays a copyright note and the upper frame (named, say, abc) displays the actual webhelp - no problem so far.

The problems arise when I try to reference the webhelp in toc entries. When I include target="_top" then all is fine, except of course that the lower frame dissappears and the webhelp is displayd on top level which I dont want. But when I include target ="abc" (or whatever the frame name is) then the target attribute is simply ignored by the webhelp script. BUT, if I include target ="def" - an undefined frame name - then a new browser window is opened correctly. The target attribute is only ignored when is addresses an EXISTING frame name.

Any ideas on this or is it simply though luck?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 18, 2007 Dec 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Robert,

What happens when you let the WebHelp TOC do its own thing?

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 18, 2007 Dec 18, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Robert -

Why not include the copyright note into the top-right frame of RoboHelp by the "Powered By" - or try what we do and have the copyright info as part of the "Powered By" pop-up (we changed the name to "About IRIS" where IRIS is the project name).

Regards,
GEWB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 20, 2007 Dec 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks for the ideas, we put the copyright into a positioned div-element that hovers at the bottom of the TOC. This avoids the need for a top-level frame set and everybody is happy now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp