• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 7 Freezes When Trying to Import Anything

Explorer ,
Dec 15, 2007 Dec 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to import anything into RoboHelp 7, it freezes. I go to File > Import and select any option. The result is that the entire application freezes until I click Escape.

The only thing I've been trying to import is Captivate movies. The obvious workaround is to initiate movies from within RoboHelp, which I've been doing. Still, I would like it if I could import things ...

I'm on XP and haven't done anything usual.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2007 Dec 15, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how closely you follow the forum but that hasn't been reported by anyone, nor was it reported during the beta.

I am also guessing that someone like you will have gone through the basics of restarting the application and then the PC.

Is this problem and the image problem you have reported separately, although I would guess they are linked, occurring in all projects including a new one?

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 17, 2007 Dec 17, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out what the problem was. I configured dual monitor display for my laptop (so I could drag items between my laptop monitor and a desktop monitor). In dual monitor mode, the Import dialog box appears on the second monitor (because at some point, I imagine I dragged it there).

When I switched back to single monitor mode, RoboHelp still thought I was in dual monitor mode and it put the dialog box on the other (blank or nonexistent) screen. Hence when I tried to import something, it seemed to freeze because it wouldn't let me push any other buttons until I made a selection on the dialog box I couldn't access.

Here's the fix: Set up dual monitor mode again with two monitors. In RoboHelp, go to File > Import to prompt the dialog box. Drag the dialog back onto the same monitor as the application. Now switch back to single monitor mode and go to File > Import again. The application should remember to put the dialog box in the correct place, and it no longer freezes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tom

You might want to take a look at Snippet 61 on my site. Relates to a similar issue.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, seems like the same issue. Here's the link to that page if anyone wants to check it out. Thanks for the link.

http://www.grainge.org/pages/snippets/snippets.htm

(I think my fix is easier.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depends what you've got to do to get a second monitor. :-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Plug it in, press Function +F8, and choose one of three setups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
No. What I meant Tom was a scenario such as having used a laptop with another monitor at the office, you then go home where there is no other monitor. Driving back to the office might mean the other solution is easier. If the second monitor is still alongside, yes you are right, if it isn't, then it depends what you have to do to get a second monitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp