• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

trial installation

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2007 Dec 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

having trouble installing the trial version. after numerous attempts at installation i still get the same error. is anyone else having this problem? i will not buy the full version until i can at least see that the trial version works.
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2008 Jan 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the error:

"A problem was encountered while trying to load the trial period for Adobe Captivate 3.

Click Quit to see if restarting your computer or reinstalling the software fixes this problem. Otherwise, click Continue to display a screen where you can enter a valid serial number to begin using the product without trial."

EDIT:
I forgot to mention that my computer does meet all the minimum requirements. I run Windows XP Professional as well.
I've restarted, uninstalled, reinstalled, and anything it suggests but no matter what I do I cannot get the program to load.

It installs the program just fine until I go to launch the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2008 Jan 06, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks

Unfortunately, Adobe will probably have to assist with these. I know from personal experience that the install may appear to work fine and yet the application fails to run in trial mode. Wish I knew why. For me, I wasn't able to use version 3 until I obtained a license. Go figure.

I'm suggesting that your best bet here is to contact support.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2008 Jan 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the trial version, and it seemed to work fine. I received no error messages.

When I try to look at the tutorials, however, the video has no audio, except for a few sounds like typing, but no voice describing what is going on on the screen. I can see the slider moving along the bottom of the tutorial, but occasionally the screen is completely blue with an occasional arrow jumping from spot to spot. Then I will see a picture--presumably a screen shot--but again, with no audio, I don't know what it's all about.

The sound is on, I know, because of the "typing" sounds I hear at the start of the tutorial and an occasional sound of a camera taking a screen shot during the "blue screen" periods.

I turned on CC (closed captioning), but the text box came up empty.

I would just try downloading the whole thing again, but I don't think Adobe would let me, thinking I was trying to get around the trial period limits.

Help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sdunk and welcome to our community

If you are talking about the tutorials you see when you click Help > Getting Started Tutorials, I don't believe any of these have voice narration.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, thanks. They're worthless, then, because they're not informative at all without some explanation of what you're seeing.

I'll look elsewhere for tutorials.

Thanks again, Captiv8r

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2008 Jan 31, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Do you by chance have the trial version of Visual Communicator 3 installed? There seems to be a problem with Visual Communicator 3 and Captivate 3. I received the same error, "A problem was encountered while trying to load the trial period for Adobe Captivate 3" when installing the trial version of Visual Communicator 3 before Captivate 3.

When you install and license Visual Communicator 3 before Captivate 3, you are not able to license Captivate 3. You keep getting an invalid serial number error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources