Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Adobe LiveCycle Workflow Tips

Former Community Member
We created a bunch of new tips last month for users of LiveCycle Workflow. Here's a partial list of them... If you'd like to contribute content to our developer centers, we'd love to host it! Contact me via email at mike.potter@adobe.com and we'll work out a content publishing schedule. Our new developer centers will allow us to better feature content from 3rd parties, so this is a great opportunity for you to highlight your company and the work that you've done!

Pre-populating forms - Follow this tip to pre-populate a form using Adobe LiveCycle Workflow.

Accessing workflows from email notifications - Follow this tip to allow LiveCycle Workflow users to access workflow items from email notifications.

Preserving digital signatures - Follow this tip for alternate solutions for preserving digital signatures while exchanging forms using Adobe LiveCycle Workflow.

Initiating a workflow process via an email - Follow this tip to initiate a LiveCycle Workflow process via an email.

Integrating HTML forms with workflows - Adobe LiveCycle Workflow allows users to participate in workflows with forms presented in either HTML or PDF format. Follow this tip to ensure that HTML form users can participate in workflows.

Submitting forms with digital signatures - Use this tip to help with submitting forms with digital signatures.

LiveCycle Workflow Technical Overview - Get a technical overview of Adobe LiveCycle Workflow.

9 Replies

Former Community Member
<Mike_J._Potter@adobeforums.com> ha scritto nel messaggio <br />news:3bbe31b3.-1@webx.la2eafNXanI...<br /><br />> We created a bunch of new tips last month for users of LiveCycle Workflow. <br />> Here's a partial list of them... If you'd like to contribute content to <br />> our developer centers, we'd love to host it! Contact me via email at <br />> mike.potter@adobe.com and we'll work out a content publishing schedule. <br />> Our new developer centers will allow us to better feature content from 3rd <br />> parties, so this is a great opportunity for you to highlight your company <br />> and the work that you've done!<br /><br />Thanks Mike, that is very useful :)<br /><br />Ciao,<br />Alessio

Former Community Member
Pre populating the forms talk about workflow server field

"AWS_ASSIGNED_ID" Field but my workflow server fields did not contain this filed is there are new xfo is launched for WFS field.

Former Community Member
Yes, if you don't have AWS_ASSIGNED_ID you are probably using the xfo for worflow 6 instead of 7 which are totally different. Make sure you use the one that actually has the word LiveCycle in the name.

Actually now that I think about it, I believe (it's been a while) that if you are using Designer 7.0 (not 7.1) that you need to manually import the xfo which you can get from teh Workflow 7 SDK.

Chris

Adobe Enterprise Developer Support

Former Community Member
We got the latest Workflow fields..

Thanks for your support

Former Community Member
I am having one more question in prepopulating the form.

Is this require ARES to be installed on the server and then give the usage rights to form using "Login to the Adminui and click Services > Form Manager > Usage Rights" to prepopulate the form on the system which is having Adobe reader 7.0 instead of Acrobat writer 7.0.

Level 9
Hi

You don't need ARES to do basic prepopulating of the form.

You only need ARES if you want the end user, who is using Reader rather than Acrobat, to be able to: digitally sign the form, save it offline, invoke web services, or one of the other ARES options.

Howard

Former Community Member
I tried to prepopulate the form using webservices by the example given above but it is not working on system which is having Adobe reader.

Level 9
Hi

Please reread my previous post. If you want to use WebServices you need to use ARES. "Normal" server-side population using LiveCycle Forms api does not need ARES.

Howard

Former Community Member
In FormManager,we go to Preferences tab-> workflow tab-> once we check 'Send me an email when assigned a task' and 'Send form and data with email' the options, and On actioning the workflow we get email notification along with the form attachment. This is how it is happening.

My question is

1. Is the attachment - "abc.pdf" is reader-extended?

We are not sure whether the form(attachment) is reader extended or not in this case.

My Requirement :

1. I should able to action the form to the workflow from the notification mail that i receive rather than doing it from the worklist.

Is there any possibility can this be achieved...?

Anyone working can guide me how to go about on this regard

thanks in advance- balaji gurumurthy