Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get a slide to pause?

Dec 11, 2007 Dec 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a slide with four buttons on it, each that will jump to different places in the slideshow. My problem is I can't figure out how to get the slide to pause long enough to wait for someone to click on a button. Is there a "pause" setting somewhere? I can see I can add a quesiton slide, but it seems as if it wants me to choose from a variety of questions, instead of just letting me put in buttons and have it wait.

Thanks!
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Of course, now I see. I'm sorry to bother you with such a basic question. I fear I'll have a few more like this before my project is completed.

I looked everywhere in the help document. I'm sure it was right in front of me.

Thanks so much for the fast response!

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bobmcinnis

Your question seems quite odd to me. Why? Because a Button object by its very nature should be pausing the slide. If you double-click the Buttons and examine the properties, look at the Options tab. In the Timing area should be a check box labeled "Pause after". I'm guessing that for some reason your buttons don't have this selected.

Change that setting and see if things improve for you.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course, now I see. I'm sorry to bother you with such a basic question. I fear I'll have a few more like this before my project is completed.

I looked everywhere in the help document. I'm sure it was right in front of me.

Thanks so much for the fast response!

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi again Bob

Happy to help. No need to apologize. I've been there too. I like to call it the "I can't see the stupid forest for all the darn TREES in the way" syndrome.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources