Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Textfield to Text

Former Community Member
I have set up a form to take in user names via a text field. Then later on in the document I want to add the contents of the text field to a pre-formated paragraph of which would contain the users name.

For example:

user enters their name in (text field 1)

user enters another name in (text field 2)

later on in the form (text field 1) and (text field 2) are inserted into a pre-formated paragraph:

I (text field 1) and (textfield 2) promise to do so forth so on, this and that.

As to where (text field 1) and (text field 2) are inserted and the paragraph above and then the paragraph adjusts to the amount of characters typed for each (text field) so the document flows.

is this possible?

Currently I have setup linked text fields but it leaves void space and leaves my document looking "un-professional". Any Ideas could help!

Also what would be a good read on this program beings I am diving in head first with my eyes closed...
2 Replies

Former Community Member
After a few hours of search I have finally found myself an answer! What you have to do to get this working is very simple indeed.

I found my answer in the Adobe Designer help files here is the contents I have found:

Floating fields in a dynamic form

You can insert a floating field into a text object to display different types of information.

Floating fields are text field objects that support the merging of text, numeric values, run-time properties, and scripting within a text object when the form is rendered. You can insert floating fields into text objects only.

Because floating fields are text field objects, you can bind floating fields to a data source to display specific text or numeric values. For example, you can insert a floating field (Dear Mr./Ms. {TextField}), to render individual customer names in the introductory greeting of a form letter.

Note: Floating fields are text field objects by default, but you can change the object type using the Type list in the Field tab of the Object palette, to suit your needs.

Keep in mind that you must set the properties of the floating field object independently of setting the properties of the text object. By default, floating field objects are set to Hidden (Exclude from layout) in the Presence list.

To insert a floating text field into a text object:

Click inside the text object in which you want to place the floating text field object.

Place your cursor on the line where you want Designer to insert the floating text field object.

Select Insert > Floating Field.

To set the properties of the floating field, click the floating field marker inside the text object, and then select options as needed. It is good practice to rename the floating text field object and specify the necessary binding.

Former Community Member
Jack,

I too found this answer in the help text, but even though I set my floating field to visible, it still dosen't display. Did you find any other info reagrading this?

Thanks!