Expand my Community achievements bar.

Problem using executeScript service

Level 8
Level 8
Hi all,

I have been trying to use the executeScript service for ES, however the help documentation does not seem to be accurate. Does anyone know how I can access process variables and other interesting stuff using the executeScript service?

Sincerely

Kim Christensen
7 Replies

Former Community Member
Hi Kim,

I assume you're looking for the "get" and "set" methods?

Here's a quick sample from a executeScript service

String inString = patExecContext.getProcessDataStringValue("/process_data/@stringValueOfSignatoryIdentities");

String outstring = inString.replace("&", "&");

System.out.println("***** String: " + outstring );

patExecContext.setProcessDataStringValue("/process_data/@stringValueOfSignatoryIdentities", outstring);

Lee.

Level 8
Level 8
Hi again,

That sounds great, I will try you suggestion out right away. But I would also like to have some documentation of what other methods/functions LiveCycle ES provides for handling scripts.

Do you have any refernces?

Thank you again

Sincerely

Kim Christensen

Level 8
Level 8
Hi again Lee,

The code sample you provided works great, thanks man. Still I would like to see some documentation for the functions.

Thanks again

Sincerely

Kim Christensen

Former Community Member
You can find all of the documentation for LiveCycle products under: http://www.adobe.com/support/documentation/en/livecycle/. Click on the "Develop" tab and then scroll all the way to the bottom and you'll find a nice 31MB file that contains everything you need.

For your forms development I would also recommend checking out http://www.adobe.com/devnet/acrobat/javascript.html.

Former Community Member
how to call another LiveCycle process from executeScript

Former Community Member
Why would you call it from execute script ....why not simply drag the service onto your process map?