Expand my Community achievements bar.

PDF Generatot Error ALC-DSC-119-000

Former Community Member
Hello, I just want to create a simple convertion process with a watch folder.<br />I have create with workbench my process (just a box CreatePDF) with my 2 variables of type document, inDoc (input + required) and outPfd (output). The parameters are initialized as follow:<br /> Input document : variable inDoc<br /> Filename with extension : XPath expression : getDocAttribute(/process_data/@inDoc, "wsfilename") <br /> Filetype settings : Standard<br /> AdobePDF settings : Standard<br /> Security settings : no-security<br /> Result : variable outPdf<br /><br />My watch folder configured as follow:<br /> inDoc : type=Variable value="*.*"<br /> outputPDF : value="/%F.pdf"<br /><br />And I have this error:<br /><br />ALC-DSC-119-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.util.InvalidCoercionException: Cannot coerce object: {ConvertedDoc=<document state="passive" senderVersion="3" persistent="true" senderPersistent="false" passivated="true" senderPassivated="true" deserialized="true" senderHostId="127.0.0.1/10.165.8.191" callbackId="0" senderCallbackId="12" callbackRef="null" isLocalizable="true" isTransactionBound="false" defaultDisposalTimeout="600" disposalTimeout="600" maxInlineSize="65536" defaultMaxInlineSize="65536" inlineSize="23503" contentType="null" length="-1"><cacheId/><localBackendId/><globalBackendId/><senderLocalBackendId/><senderGlobalBackendId/><inline>%PDF-1.4<br />%âãÏÓ<br />29 0 obj<br /><</Metadata 28 0 R/Pages 7 0 R/PageLayout/OneColumn/Type/Catalog/PageLabels...</inline><senderPullServantJndiName>adobe/idp/DocumentPullServant/adobejb_server1</senderPullServantJndiName><attributes file="Idée n°3.pdf"/></document>} of type: java.util.HashMap to type: class com.adobe.idp.Document<br /> at com.adobe.workflow.datatype.CoercionUtil.toDocument(CoercionUtil.java:753)<br /><br />Any ideas?<br />Perhaps Livecycle is badly installed?
3 Replies

Level 10
It's because the output parameter of the CreatePDF operation is not a document variable but a map (Result).

What you need to do is create a variable of type "map" and sub-type "document" and specify that variable as the output result parameter.

Then after that, use a SetValue to extract the document from the map using the following xPath expression : /process_data/myMap[@id='ConvertedDoc']

and put it in you outputPDF variable.

The reason it returns a map is because ConvertPDF can return more than just the converted document.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Hi,

I have created a custom component that creates a List containing the following types of objects

1) String

2) PDFOutputOptionsSpec

3) RenderOptionsSpec

I have installed this on the Workbench and everything seems fine.

If I use the service with a process what should be the Output Parameter type for it, I tried using a variable with type : list

and sub-type :object ; but I got an error :

Exception data: ALC-DSC-119-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.util.InvalidCoercionException: Cannot coerce object: [B@28a028a of type: [B to type: interface java.util.List

Is there some way around it (like Type-Casting)?

Sushant