Expand my Community achievements bar.

exception handling in workbench

Level 4
Hi,

Is there a mechanism to handle exception in a workflow which is created in Workbench ES. I need to catch an exception (e.g. SQLException) thrown by a process and follow a different route in my workflow, is it possible?

Thanks
5 Replies

Level 10
I'm assuming you're using the JDBC service. If it's the case, you see on the bottom right corner of the image (when you drag and drop it on the canvas), there is a lightning within a circle. This is to handle exception. You can drag routes from that circle to another service that can handle the exception.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
I am also facing the same issue and using the Execute Sql Statement from JDBC services. But there is no lighting in the circle.

Level 10
You're right. I was going from memory here. If there is no icon, the I don't think you can trap the exception.

You could write you own JDBC service an implement the exceptino handling.

I'll try to see what are the plans in that area.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Even if you see a lightning within a circle on the bottom right corner of the image (when you drag and drop any service on the canvas), is there any way we can trap the exception stack trace in a variable?

Level 10
No.

I've seen the request a few times now and I communicated it to the product manager.

Jasmin