Expand my Community achievements bar.

Error during the invocation of the custom service

Former Community Member
I have developed an external application and I am trying to install this external component and make it a service. When I tried to import it from the workbench it (LC Server) didnot complain or didnot threw any errors and when I am trying to use the service that is made from this external component LC server is throwing an exception. The following is the excecption information...

Failure Time----Wed Jun 27 13:51:13 EDT 2007

source location ---- Reason of failure is-----Invocation error.

Invocation error.

javax/xml/crypto/KeySelector

ALC-DSC-003-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCInvocationException: Invocation error.

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/crypto/KeySelector

at com.iditarod.adobe.security.SecurityServiceImpl.signDocument(SecurityServiceImpl.java:26)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)

From the error looks like it is unable to find some of the class files which it is expecting. I tried to add the JAR file which has this class to the JBoss class path. It doesnot work. I tried to add all the external JARS that I am using to make the custom application by placing them in the JBOSS Classpath, by including them in the custom application itself and also by including them in the system PATH variable. None of these options are working and also I have tried to include those external JARS in the jBoss/lib and jboss/server/default/lib

The custom application that I developed works fine as a stand alone application but when I try to integrate with LC server and call that service thats when I am getting these errors.

Any help toward this would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Vamsi
3 Replies

Former Community Member
YOU have to add external JAR files to the root of the JAR that comprises your component. Also - make sure that you specify the JAR files in the class-path element in the component.xml file. A new tutorial will be released that will step users through creating components in the next couple of weeks.

Level 10
Also if you ever put jar file in the JBoss server lib folder, you'll need to put them in jboss/server/all/lib and not jboss/server/default/lib.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Thanks Scott. I added the class-path element and it worked. Thanks for all the help.