Expand my Community achievements bar.

Non-interactive PDF Forms in WorkSpace

Former Community Member
In LC version 6 and 7, I could upload some static PDF forms into the Form Manager, put them in some category, without associate them with any workflow process; and users can display them in the browser and save them or print them.

How do I do that in ES's Workspace?

thanks
4 Replies

Former Community Member
You can't. In order for something to appear in Workspace you have to create a process and then create a TaskManager endpoint for that service.

I suppose you could have a process that does nothing to mimic that behavior if wanted to.

Chris Trubiani

Adobe Systems

Former Community Member
Can one such Dummy do-nothing process be used by multiple dummy forms?

or is this just something not meant to be done in ES?

Level 10
It's just not meant to be done in ES.

You can't have multiple forms using the same dummy process, because the form being displayed in workspace is going to be the one that has the property set to IN and if you have more than one IN form variable, the first one will be shown or you'll get an error (I'm not sure).

So you'll have to create a dummy process for every static form.

Jasmin

Level 9
What you can do is create a "master" process, and then a dummy process for each form. The dummy processes each just call the master process, passing the xfaForm variable as a parameter. This works well if you have a common master process that all forms go through, such as an approval process.

Howard

http://www.avoka.com