Expand my Community achievements bar.

LiveCycle SQLAssembler & Oracle

Former Community Member
Hi,

Could someone please help explain how I can connect to Oracle with the SQLAssembler?

I have added the database entry in to the data-management-config and I have also added the oracle driver jar (ojdbc14.jar) to the project library.

At runtime, however, I get the error:

[FaultEvent fault=[RPC Fault faultString="The driver-class, 'oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver', could not be found. Please specify a valid driver-class in the configuration file." faultCode="Server.Processing" faultDetail="null"] messageId="3BFB0B7E-7608-47BC-7DD7-EF9E868182E0" type="fault" bubbles=false cancelable=true eventPhase=2]

It seems pretty clear it's a configuration problem of some kind - but I cannot find anything useful in the documentation regarding this so I'm hoping someone out there's got an inkling!

Thanks,

Jamie.
3 Replies

Former Community Member
I fixed this - the problem was that adding the oracle driver to the project library through project properties doesn't do the 'right thing' in this case. The driver has to go in WEB-INF/lib rather than WEB-INF/flex/lib

However, that just got me to the next problem - cannot connect to any Oracle database - just get Channel errors or 'SQL ERROR' even though the SQL is good.

Out of interest, has *anyone* managed to connect to their Oracle Database using the SQLAssembler?

Jamie.

Former Community Member
i think you should setup the channels in service-config.xml and make sure your data-management.xml have the default-channel.

Former Community Member
Yes I am connecting to a 10g database using SQLAssembler and it is working. Try testing your SQL query within PL/SQL or similar. Also note that you cannot have special characters within the <sql> tags as it will invalidate the schema for data-management-config.xml and result in an SQL ERROR