Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

First Flex Form is not Rendering

Former Community Member
hi :)

i created my very first flex form, following a adobe help file, i am using the lcConnection, the workspace-runtime.swc, and the form varialbe in the workbench process, but my form just does not want to load.

i am also getting the following error in Flex Builder:

Design mode: Cannot load workspace-runtime.swc (reason: ERROR: Load Verify). It may require classes (such as Adobe AIR components) that are not supported by design mode. Check the Eclipse error log for more details. myfirstLCapp/src myfirstLCapp.mxml Unknown 1238015704158 40

please help me figure this out :(
7 Replies

Level 2
When you say you created a Flex form, is it an application you created using Flex Builder (or the Flex SDK)? Also, are you trying to render the form in Workspace ES? If so, you might want to have a read at this - assuming that is not the Adobe Help file you mentioned. http://www.adobe.com/go/learn_lc_createflexapps_82.

You need to use the FormConnector component and register a few events.

Hope that helps!

Former Community Member
I am not sure I would expect the Flex form to work based upon the Flex Builder error you are reporting.

First problem.

Is the process variable you have defined as 'form' been declared an 'input'?

How are you loading the .swf into the process? It the .swf in the LiveCycle resource repository?

Second problem.

What platform are you on?

Which version of Flex Builder are you using?

Which version of the Flex SDK are you using?

If you have not deployed the samples that ship with LiveCycle ES, I would recommend doing so. The samples include a process that use a Flex form for a mortgage application (Samples - LiveCycle ES > SampleMortgageLoan-Flex).

For JBoss on Windows, review the source code shipped in the LiveCycle ES SDK.

C:\Adobe\LiveCycle8.2\LiveCycle_ES_SDK\samples\LiveCycleES\SimpleMortgageLoan-Flex

Steve

Former Community Member
First Problem:

1. i use the variable form and am setting it to input. the advance settings are set as default.

2. all i'm doing is dragging my swf from my project folder into the workbench repository folder (which is what i do with my regular pdf's) is there another way to import it in?

Second Problem:

1. i'm using Flex Builder 3, Flex SDK 3.2, Workbench es 8.2 on windows........

any help would be much appreciated.

i thought that maybe something is wrong with my process, so i opened the same flex mortgage application and replaced the form variable path to call my form instead, but it still does not render

also, is there way to get the source(of the actual flex form, not the process) of the sample flex app?

Former Community Member
Looks like you are doing everything right. Based upon your test the Flex application appears to be the problem.

The source code is in the SDK

C:\Adobe\LiveCycle8.2\LiveCycle_ES_SDK\samples\LiveCycleES\SimpleMortgageLoan-Flex\MXML

Steve

Former Community Member
hm... the following path:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\LiveCycle ES\Workbench ES\LiveCycle_ES_SDK\samples

only has "SamplesConfig" folder which has bin, config lib, and log folders in it.

am i missing something?

Former Community Member
this is a stupid question, but do i need Data Services ES installed to get it to work? if so, then how does the sample flex application work without it?

Former Community Member
C:\Adobe\LiveCycle8.2\LiveCycle_ES_SDK\samples\LiveCycleES

not

C:\Program Files\Adobe\LiveCycle ES\Workbench ES\LiveCycle_ES_SDK\samples

If you have licensed and deployed LiveCycle Forms ES, LiveCycle Data Services ES is also deployed to enable remoting and to support Workspace ES.