Expand my Community achievements bar.

Live Cicle and coldfusion problems?

Former Community Member
Hello, I have one problem with crm example. I have this example and I am working with it, but I have the following problem:

I have the cfc's files in this directory:

C:\CFusionMX7\wwwroot\cfcrm\filesDataService

and I have created one data source in coldfusion to my database.

so, I defined a coldfusion mappin for my directory that i created in my web root:

Logical path: /filesDataservice

Directory Path: C:\CFusionMX7\wwwroot\cfcrm\filesDataService

I have my proyect in the follow directory:

Flex directory:

C:\CFusionMX7\wwwroot\cfcrm

Live Cycle directory:

C:\lcds\jrun4\servers\default\flex\cfcrm

My problem is in the data-management-config.xml. When I write the cfc component:

in this part

<component>filesDataService.CompanyAssembler</component>

what component I need to write?

I need to define two destination (cfcompany and cfemployee) but I have the following error in the live cycle console:

[CFDataserviceAdapter] unable to find coldfusion in this server, perhaps you nedd to set <hostname> in the 'cfemployee' destination config?

thanks for everything
1 Reply

Former Community Member
> [CFDataserviceAdapter] unable to find coldfusion in this server, perhaps <br />> you nedd to set <hostname> in the 'cfemployee' destination config?<br /><br />This is the key, you do not have the integrates CF8/LCDS installation, so <br />you need to configure ColdFusion and LCDS to talk to each other. It looks <br />like you are running CFMX 7.0.2. The adapters for CF in LCDS 2.5.1 have <br />been updated to look for the integrated installation by default, which is a <br />change from before.<br /><br />Here is how you get it going.<br /><br />In ColdFusion:<br /> In the CF administrator, you must go to the "Flex Integration" page and <br />ensure you have turned on remote access to CF from LCDS and that the IP <br />address of the LCDS server is listed in the config. You do NOT need to add <br />any IP address if LCDS and CF are on the same machine as localhost is <br />allowed by default.<br /><br />In LCDS configuration file (data-management.xml):<br /> You must, as the message says, configure a <hostname> field in the <br />destiation. If CF and LCDS are on the same machine, use "localhost" as the <br />hostname.<br /><br />Hope that helps.<br />--<br />Tom Jordahl