Expand my Community achievements bar.

Cannot Fill form

Level 4
Hi!

I'm exploring content services server and according End user manual there is possibility to fill forms there. I have a .pdf form, go to document details, click on Fill form link. New windows appears with exception:

There was a problem invoking this action. The required processes may not be present or active. Please contact your administrator.

Error Message:

Not Serializable

Error Trace:

ALC-DSC-005-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCNotSerializableException: Not Serializable

Caused by: ALC-DSC-003-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCInvocationException: Invocation error.

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.invoke(DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.java:152)

Do I do something wrong or have the product misconfigured? Please help. The .pdf file is an XFA form document. No reader extensions were applied. There is Adobe Acrobat 8 on the client side.

--- Jaroslav
3 Replies

Level 10
This actually calls a LiveCycle process called 'Samples Content Services RenderForm' under the 'Samples Content Services' category.

This process makes a call to Reader Extension and uses a predefined certificate alias that might not be installed in your environment.

What's the error from the log?

Jasmin

Level 4
Yes, that was the point. Setting-up ARES certificate solved the problem. Thank You a lot.

May I have a question? You wrote that 'Samples Content Services RenderForm' is called. Well. So if I don't import samples in production environment, lot of actions will stop work? It implies that importing samples is mandatory installation step. Right?

--- Jaroslav

Level 10
Well, a lot of the integration between LiveCycle and Content Space is done through the Content Space samples. You will need to install them in production for it to work properly.

That being said, you won't need to install all the samples. Probably just the ones in the 'Samples - Content Services' category.

The rest are really just samples.

Jasmin