Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to retreive contents ?

Level 2
We have used with most of the services available in the workbench but we are still not able to implement the following use case.

1- Store a document into the Content management system, along with custom attributes (example: attach the "myAttribute"--->"toto" metatag to somedoc.pdf). We are only able to add pre-defined attributes from the accepted list.

2- And, then how to retrieve this content using that metatag. We are able to retrieve the document using the name of the doc, but not a metatag.

Can you confirm that this is indeed a feature of LC Content Management ? And that you can achieve that just by using the services already pre-defined in the workbench??
4 Replies

Former Community Member
1:

You have to create a new Alfresco model where you can define your own attributes. Or you extend existing an model with your attribute.

2:

IMHO this is not directly possible yet. In a former post in this forum somebody mentioned that a service to search for content is in development. But this post was from mid summer 08...

Former Community Member
> In your orchestration, create a new variable of type map

> Introduce a set value operation which assigns map[@id=myAttribute] = toto

> In your store Content operation property editor, in attributes map argument, select Variable or XPath instead of Literal and pass this map variable.

> NOTE : You can also call a separate set Content Attributes operation in case you want to make use of pre-defined attributes also

> NOTE : Dont worry about passing a single attribute in attributes map it doesnt flush out other existing attributes, only over-writes what we pass in the map.

> Future releases will have searchRepository operation in which you can specify queries to find a document (i.e. it returns a node ID) you can search on basis of attribute values (exact or range or other conditions)

Former Community Member
Can you say when this future release would be released?

Former Community Member

Hello,

is there something in progress so that custom attributes can used in queries (LC CS 8.2)?

For me it is important to retrieve all documents too, for instance for documents having a metattribute custom_id set to "12345" ... the attributes are built on a custom model.

Regards