• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFError error in MX7?

Advocate ,
Dec 07, 2007 Dec 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone know what would cause a cferror error template to not execute? By "not execute", I mean it is being called but the raw source of my error.cfm template is being sent as-is to the user -- no CF processing of the template.

I've commented out the entire template using <!--- ... --->, all that resulted in was a big comment being sent to the user. Very strange since I use cferror all the time in other applications.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 09, 2007 Dec 09, 2007
I have no idea what REQUEST does, but based on the documentation I don't think sending the raw error template to the user was the intended functionality -- but I couold be wrong.

It seems Coldfusion behaved as expected. The livedocs on cferror say two things. First, setting the type attribute to REQUEST is a general way to get cferror to run when there is "any encountered error". Secondly, if you set the type attribute to REQUEST or to VALIDATION, Coldfusion will not be able to process CFML ...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Dec 07, 2007 Dec 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nevermind!

The type parameter was set to the default of REQUEST instead of EXCEPTION. I have no idea what REQUEST does, but based on the documentation I don't think sending the raw error template to the user was the intended functionality -- but I couold be wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2007 Dec 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what REQUEST does, but based on the documentation I don't think sending the raw error template to the user was the intended functionality -- but I couold be wrong.

It seems Coldfusion behaved as expected. The livedocs on cferror say two things. First, setting the type attribute to REQUEST is a general way to get cferror to run when there is "any encountered error". Secondly, if you set the type attribute to REQUEST or to VALIDATION, Coldfusion will not be able to process CFML tags. Makes sense, for the tags themselves could generate further errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2007 Dec 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first table in the document Specifying custom error messages with the cferror tag shows you the connection with the order in which Coldfusion processes a request-type error page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 10, 2007 Dec 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Strange, I totally overlooked that table. The REQUEST function seems to be of marginal use but it is performing as intended. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation