• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

System performance

Dec 10, 2007 Dec 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I am new to this forum as well as to captivate. i worked on full motion recording for a software demo, recording was of 3 minutes duration on 1280*1024 screen resolution, then i had created an executable file of this demo, and tried to play this .exe on another system, but system go very slow and even near to get stopped performance, i had checked that captivate was taking almost half of the memory of my system while playing, any idea how to resolve this issue.

ali samad
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2007 Dec 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi ali samad and welcome to our community

You probably aren't going to like the answer. But here it goes.

Don't record everything in full motion! Captivate was never engineered to be a totally full motion capture tool. As you have seen, there are performance issues.

If you record using the method intended, by allowing Captivate to grab screen captures, then later stitching them all together with mouse movement and other objects, you should still end up with a decent presentation and it will be much smaller and more efficient.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources