Expand my Community achievements bar.

EMail Endpoint Parameters

Level 3
Hi,

I've configured an email-endpoint which passes three parameters (%HEADER%, %SUBJECT% and %BODY% which by the way have to be variables and not literals as documented) to my process.

But I can't find any information about the type of the variables.

Subject works with "string", the other two do not.

Where can I find information about this particular topic.

I've tried the "document" type as well without success because I don't know the nested document type.

kind regards

Michael
4 Replies

Level 3
Thanks for your input, but this works just as long as the String is not very long and all the format information will be lost if you get an HTML or RTF mail.

And I know that I have to define the length of the string (but I do not know why, because java.lang.String has no limitation) to process long strings.

thanks anyway.

Michael

Former Community Member
when you define a variable of type string in the process,it is possible to go to the database and change its column type to "LongText" ,this I do for mysql DB

Level 9
Another way to fix this is to change the type of the proces to short-lived. Long lived processes have their variables persisted to teh database - hence you also need to specify the data length. Short lived run only in memory - hence no size limitation (apart from available memory). Short lived also run faster.

Howard

http://www.avoka.com