Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Email Endpoint not naming pdf correcly

Former Community Member
Hi

I have a simple process that uses the FormsService renderPDFForm operation. It accepts XML with an embedded tag pointing to a pdf template and produces a PDF file. It all works perfectly when I use a Watched Folder endpoint - I use %F.pdf for the output variable. So if you drop in test1.xml, the output is test1.pdf.

I then use an email endpoint, and attach an xml file called say test1.xml. Everything works fine and an email is returned with a pdf file attached. The problem is that this pdf file has some arbitrary reference name (not as expected test1.pdf)

Alvin
5 Replies

Former Community Member
in the process do not mark the rendered PDF as output, then you can set the wsfilename attribute of the document to the name you want using the

setDocumentAttribute function of the document class.Then you can email the document using the email service component

Former Community Member
Hi

I use the process with diffrent EndPoints like watched folder and SOAP access and thus can't use the email componet.

I need to find out how to config the Email Endpoint so it remmebers the attached file name. And not the Temp file name and location.

Former Community Member
can you use %F.pdf as the value in the output parameter of the process when configuring the email endpoint

Former Community Member
Hi

I am using %F.pdf. This gives the name of the temp file where the file was stored during the conversion

(for example: C__DOCUME~1_ADMINI~1_LOCALS~1_Temp_adobejb_server1_shr_shrx27420tmp.pdf).

Alvin

Former Community Member
may be you can send the document to the sender using the email service, and not depend on the email end point to send the result,do this by not making the result as output paramter