Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Saving data in a form

Former Community Member
I have a form I created to do some weekly reports and I have added the print and reset button, but I am wanting to save the form/data to the local machine that it is used on and I have been unable to figure/find anything on doing that or if it is possible....

I would say I'am a novice with LifeCycle, so any help would be greatly appreciated,,,,,,,,,,

Mark L

P.S.

The user has to enter the data by hand
7 Replies

Level 10
Are you using Reader or Acrobat. If you only use Reader, you'll need to Reader Extend the form.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Jasmin,

thanks for the help!!!

The people filling out the form will only be using Reader 8.0 to fill out the form and for my next question how do you Reader extend a form, I apologize I dont have much Exp. with Lifecycle.....

Level 10
There is a service in LiveCycle called Reader Extension service. You can use that to add the rights.

You'll need a Reader Extension certificate to do that though. You can also Reader Enable a form using Acrobat for a limited number of users (see acrobat help).

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Jasmin

Thanks for the help I think the Reader enable in Acrobat will work out just fine, I will have to remind them to "save as" the document with data so they do not save over the original...

thanks again for the great help. just curious is the "Reader Extension Service" something you have to purchase through Adobe?

I found the Extension manager on CS3 and tried searching Adobe website and couldnt find anything about

Level 7
> I will have to remind them to "save as" the document with data so they do not save over the original...

you shouldn't do that. Just protect the original document (not with

Acrobat, but with standard Windows security), then they can't damage

it.

Aandi Inston

Level 10
Yes you need to buy it from Adobe. It's part of the LiveCycle platform.

See http://www.adobe.com/products/livecycle/readerextensions/

Jasmin

Former Community Member
thanks again for the help, I will look into that ,,,,,,,,, ML