Expand my Community achievements bar.

Receivemail setup for Exchange server

Level 8
Level 8
Hi all,

I have been trying to setup my process to listen to an Exchange server without any luck. When I test the connection I get the following error:

Test Clicked

Parameters:

filterSubject:

filterFrom: null

folder: null

deleteAfterProcessing: false

attachmentMimeFilterList: null

useConfigurationOptions: false

receiveHost: mail.dafolo.dk

receivePort: 143

receiveUsername: username

receivePassword: myPassword

receiveProtocol: imap

Type: class java.lang.String

receiveTransportSecurity: None

testData:

About to invoke...

java.io.InvalidClassException: javax.mail.MessagingException; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = -6388198985190878204, local class serialVersionUID = -7569192289819959253

And in the server.log I get this as the cause:

Caused by: javax.mail.MessagingException: Connection timed out: connect;

nested exception is:

java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

at com.sun.mail.imap.IMAPStore.protocolConnect(IMAPStore.java:335)

at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:233)

at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:134)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.email.MailReader.retrieveMessages(MailReader.java:87)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.email.EmailServiceImpl.receive(EmailServiceImpl.java:240)

I believe I have set up the service correctly to the Exchange server - but I am not so experienced with Exchange so I don't really know how to connect to it correctly.

Thanks in advance

Sincerely

Kim
6 Replies

Level 8
Level 8
Hi again,

Can nobody help me?

Is it at all possible to connect to an Exchange email server?

Sincerely

Kim

Former Community Member
can you ping to the mail server from your machine on which the workflow server is installed?

Level 8
Level 8
Hmm, seems that I can't - I will have a chat with the network administrator about it. Thanks for the advice

Sincerely

Kim

Level 9
My favourite debugging technique for debugging email connectivity problems is to download the Mozilla mail client, Thunderbird. I install it on the same server as the app server, and connect to my mail system from there.

Once you can send/receive mail using Thunderbird, use the same settings in Livecycle.

Howard

http://www.avoka.com

Level 9
PS This, from the Javamail FAQ, may also help...

Q: I'm having trouble logging into my Microsoft Exchange server, even though I'm sure I'm using the correct username and password, what could I be doing wrong?

A: When logging in to Exchange you need to use a username that's more than your simple login name. For example, if your email address is "J.User@server.com", your Windows NT login name is "juser", your NT domain name is "dom", and your Exchange mailbox name is "Joe User", then you would need to use a username of "dom\juser\J.User" when logging in using JavaMail.

Howard

http://www.avoka.com

Level 8
Level 8
OK - I have tried the above, without luck.

Does anybody know if it is necessary to have the virtual servers for POP3/IMAP enabled (in Exchange) for LiveCycle/javamail to connect to an Exchange-server?

Sincerely

Kim