Expand my Community achievements bar.

Custom Component Property Editor Problem

Level 3
Hi,

I've created a couple of components. One of them is standard stuff that I'll use in creating all of my components, and the other is one that uses the first component.

I'll give a quick overview of the two components.

1) This components handles things like Database Accesses, Creating and Parsing XML Documents, and connections to our other systems. This component was created just to make development easier later on.

2) This component actually passes data to and from a database and our SAP system. To accomplish this it uses the first component. This component has a custom class that handles Material information.

Everything seems to work fine until I try to add in one of my Operations to the flow. The operation has a Material as part of the required input. When I try to access the property editor for Operation I get the following error:

!ENTRY com.adobe.workflow.editor 4 4 2008-01-28 09:12:55.656

!MESSAGE failed to render propertyeditor

!STACK 0

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: cdv/utilities/db/DBConnection

at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.util.ClassHelper.forName(ClassHelper.java:526)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.propertyeditor.composite.CompositeProperty.<init>(CompositeProperty.java:49)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.propertyeditor.composite.CompositeEditorEclipseComponent.renderMapping(CompositeEditorEclipseComponent.java:77)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.propertyeditor.composite.CompositeEditorEclipseComponent.renderMapping(CompositeEditorEclipseComponent.java:59)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.propertyeditor.composite.CompositeEditorEclipseComponent.renderComponent(CompositeEditorEclipseComponent.java:55)

at com.adobe.workflow.eclipse.propertyinspector.form.ServiceInputParameterProperty.populateEditorArea(ServiceInputParameterProperty.java:115)

at com.adobe.workflow.eclipse.propertyinspector.form.dynamic.ServiceParameterProperty.createEditorArea(ServiceParameterProperty.java:140)

at com.adobe.workflow.eclipse.propertyinspector.form.dynamic.ServiceParameterProperty.createControl(ServiceParameterProperty.java:124)

at com.adobe.workflow.eclipse.propertyinspector.form.dynamic.Property.connect(Property.java:124)

at com.adobe.workflow.eclipse.propertyinspector.form.ServiceOperationInputContent.createNewContent(ServiceOperationInputContent.java:121)

at com.adobe.workflow.eclipse.propertyinspector.form.AbstractSectionContent$3.runInUIThread(AbstractSectionContent.java:174)

at com.adobe.workflow.eclipse.utils.swt.UIThreadRunner.run(UIThreadRunner.java:29)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.UILockListener.doPendingWork(UILockListener.java:155)

it goes on for a bit yet.

I have been experimenting with both of the component.xml files but with no success. If I combine both the components into one, it does work properly, however, for maintenance reasons, I would like to keep them separate.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Rob
1 Reply

Level 9
Create the first "component" as a library (ie just a jar file) and embed it into the second component.

Don't forget to update your component.xml to point to it.

Howard

http://www.avoka.com