Expand my Community achievements bar.

Using the Java API

Former Community Member
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to see if anyone knows whether I need a license to use the Java API included in the trial version of Adobe LiveCycle ES.

I need to include some PDF manipulation code for dynamic XFA forms in an application, and I first read that XPAAJ jar was free. So is the API here also free or do I need a license? If anyone knows, could you please point me in the direction of the details if a license is needed.

I would appreciate your help.

Thanks.

Mira.
5 Replies

Level 10
Mira,

You would need a license in order to use the LiveCycle API.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Thanks for your reply. I need details about the license I need to purchase. I tried searching but to no avail.

I need to know the following among other things:

Is it stand-alone?

Is it a developer license? or a user license?

Please point me in the right direction if you can.

Thanks again.

Mira.

Level 9
Mira

You don't need a license as long as the application you're building is for evaluation or testing, and NOT for production use.

You will need to purchase a license for production use.

Licensing can be complex, and you should contact your local Adobe office or enterprise partner for details.

XPAAJ was never free, it was bundled with other Adobe products.

It has been deprecated, and is no longer supplied or supported, as far as I'm aware. You will need to purchase a LiveCycle license of some sort.

Howard

http://www.avoka.com

Former Community Member
Mr. Treisman,

Thanks for answering.

Is the API standalone? Is it possible to use the Jave API, say to prepopulate a form, without installing and running the LiveCycle ES server?

Mira.

Level 9
XPAAJ was standalone, but it seems to no longer be available.

To prepopulate a form, you need LiveCycle server.

I'm not aware of any other way of pre-populating a form.

You might want to try the Cold Fusion forums, there may be a way, but I'm not a CF expert.

Howard

http://www.avoka.com