Expand my Community achievements bar.

Using printers in process

Former Community Member
Hi

I am trying to use output services to print a pdf by filling in the printerURI with \\server\printer as the URI.

From API on the internet:

printerURI

A string value that represents URI of the destination for the print output. The Output service sends the print stream to the printer that this URI points to. For example, \\PrintServer\Print1.

And i get the following error under failure folder of my watchfolder:

Failure Time----Thu Feb 14 13:37:23 CAT 2008

source location ---- Reason of failure is-----Failure to invoke the job output

Failure to invoke the job output

Invocation error.

Printer \\Wayne\Laserjet1300 not found.

ALC-DSC-600-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.scheduler.impl.SchedulerRuntimeException: Failure to invoke the job output

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.file.scan.impl.FileScanJobImpl.invokeJob(FileScanJobImpl.java:323)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.file.scan.impl.FileScanJobImpl.processInputs(FileScanJobImpl.java:127)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.service.scheduler.scan.impl.AbstractScanJob.execute(AbstractScanJob.java:56)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor333.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.invoke(DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.java:181)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvocationInterceptor.intercept(InvocationInterceptor.java:134)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.RequestInterceptorChainImpl.proceed(RequestInterceptorChainImpl.java:44)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor$1.doInTransaction(TransactionInterceptor.java:74)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.execute(EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.java:336)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.doSupports(EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.java:212)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor329.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)

at org.jboss.invocation.Invocation.performCall(Invocation.java:345)

at org.jboss.ejb.StatelessSessionContainer$ContainerInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionContainer.java:214)

at org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.CachedConnectionInterceptor.invoke(CachedConnectionInterceptor.java:149)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.invoke(StatelessSessionInstanceInterceptor.java:154)

at org.jboss.webservice.server.ServiceEndpointInterceptor.invoke(ServiceEndpointInterceptor.java:54)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.CallValidationInterceptor.invoke(CallValidationInterceptor.java:48)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.AbstractTxInterceptor.invokeNext(AbstractTxInterceptor.java:106)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.runWithTransactions(TxInterceptorCMT.java:363)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.TxInterceptorCMT.invoke(TxInterceptorCMT.java:166)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.SecurityInterceptor.invoke(SecurityInterceptor.java:153)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.LogInterceptor.invoke(LogInterceptor.java:192)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.invoke(ProxyFactoryFinderInterceptor.java:122)

at org.jboss.ejb.SessionContainer.internalInvoke(SessionContainer.java:624)

at org.jboss.ejb.Container.invoke(Container.java:873)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.BaseLocalProxyFactory.invoke(BaseLocalProxyFactory.java:415)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.local.StatelessSessionProxy.invoke(StatelessSessionProxy.java:88)

at $Proxy210.doSupports(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.EjbTransactionProvider.execute(EjbTransactionProvider.java:104)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.intercept(TransactionInterceptor.java:72)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.RequestInterc
12 Replies

Former Community Member
Is the printer \\Wayne\Laserjet1300 defined on the desktop of the user that is launching LCES?

Level 8
Level 8
I have the same problem, but when I try to access the printer from Start -> Run I get a connection directly to the printer...

How should the printerURI be set up correctly?

Sincerely

Kim

Former Community Member
What app server are you using and are you starting it from a service or a bat file?

Former Community Member
I find using the ip address of the printer as a easier way to print, if you want to specify the printer name then you have to make sure that the appserver has been started by a network user,not by looging in to the server machine as administrator

any further question email mergeandfuse@gmail.com

Former Community Member
Hi

Paul Guerette :

I am using JBoss and I am invoking it using a watchfolder.

WorkflowUser :

I tried using the IP address. Still nothing

the problem might be that where JBoss run, the machine not on the domain so I tried doing from my laptop that's on the domain.(Drop in shared folder of the watched folder from my laptop and not from the same machine where JBoss runs)

Alvin

Former Community Member
Hi Alvin

I had similar problems. I could fix this problem with a "work around" using just the printer name as URI! For that you have to install the (network) printer on the app server. Using the printer name like "Lexmark 640" as URI worked for me...

Nico

Former Community Member
Hi

I got it working buy installing the printer and then in URI tell it \\printerservername\printername and not \printer share name

like nico suggested

Alvin

Level 9
I believe you also need to make sure that the correct printer driver is installed on your local machine.

Howard

http://www.avoka.com

Former Community Member
Hi Alvin,

can you tell me how you set up print using watched folder? I am trying to do same thing but no luck.

Thanks!

Former Community Member
try using ip address of the printer to print,that way you do not have to add the printer to your server