Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to convert interactive form to non-interactive?

Former Community Member
Hello,

In my process I have an interactive form (Document Form variable) and I need to convert it to non interactive .

Any ideas?

thanks
3 Replies

Level 10
You can use the transformPDF operation from the Output service.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
thanks, Jasmin, but I have not Output ES component in this specific project and cannot use its services.

I have 4 components : Process Management, Forms, Reader Extension, Rights Management.

Is it possible to convert interactive form to non-interactive without Output services?

thanks

Former Community Member
Oliver,

If you don't have Output ES, then I think you'll have to do it via javascript in the form. For example, you could add a hidden checkbox to your form called "IsFormReadOnly" which has a value of 0 (false) or 1 (true). Set it to 0 by default. Then you could put some javascript code on the initialize event for the top-level form node in your hierarchy. This javascript would have to check the value of the hidden field to see if the form needs to be readOnly or not. If the value is set to 1, then you would have to set all of the fields in the form to readOnly (note that this can be done with a recursive function defined within a script object).

Now that the logic is in your form, you can then set the value of the hidden field from within your workflow.

I know it isn't the cleanest approach, but I think it may be your only alternative to purchasing Output ES.

Justin