Expand my Community achievements bar.

How to Clean-up livecycle database

Former Community Member
Hi,

I ran a lot of livecycle workflow and the database grow to quit large. I am using oracle 10g as the database. How can I clean-up the database for data generated during the all the workflow ran? Which table's data can be delete? Is there any administration function in Adminui to clean up the database?

Thanks.
5 Replies

Former Community Member
LiveCycle 8.2(shipping later this year) has a utility which will clean up the database. For 8.0 unfortunatley you will have to do it the ugly way of deleting the entries from different tables(not recommended)

Former Community Member
I would highly recommend waiting for the 8.2 release of LiveCycle, as i believe deleting entries in the database could also invalid any support agreement. Not to mention that a lot of the LC tables are dependant upon eachother, and one small mistake could cause some major issues. You could look into your workflows as well to see if some of the process could be changed to shortlived process.

Former Community Member
Hi Dr Wojadubowski and PaulB,

Thank you. You have any ideal what are the tables that is related to the user workflow data that can be deleted? My database is growing big...

Thanks.

Level 9
Hi

The LiveCycle 8.utility is for removing all the data associated with a process. There are some other tables, not directly related to processes, that also grow large.

We are in the process of building a component that will purge these tables. This is not completely tested, and is available in beta only at this time - if you're interested in testing (backup your database first!), please email info-at-avoka.com

Howard

http://www.avoka.com