Expand my Community achievements bar.

JDBC operation throws a NullPointerException

Former Community Member
Hi all...

It seems that any attempt to perform a jdbc access from a deployed LCA (my process at this point only contains the JDBC 'query multiple to xml' operation) results in the following exception on the LC server (see below). The query and xml generation all seem to work ok from the Workbench. I can mail the lca upon request. Thanks.

[4/28/08 17:10:15:557 EDT] 00000059 SystemOut O [Flex] [ERROR] Root cause: java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.jdbc.helper.SqlHelper.executeQuery(SqlHelper.java:85)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.jdbc.JDBCService.queryMultipleToXml(JDBCService.java:391)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1517.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.invoke(DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.java:181)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvocationInterceptor.intercept(InvocationInterceptor.java:134)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.RequestInterceptorChainImpl.proceed(RequestInterceptorChainImpl.java:44)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor$1.doInTransaction(TransactionInterceptor.java:74)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.execute(EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.java:336)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.doSupports(EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.java:212)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EJSLocalStatelessEjbTransactionCMTAdapter_caf58c4f.doSupports(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.EjbTransactionProvider.execute(EjbTransactionProvider.java:104)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.intercept(TransactionInterceptor.java:72)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.RequestInterceptorChainImpl.proceed(RequestInterceptorChainImpl.java:44)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvalidStateInterceptor.intercept(InvalidStateInterceptor.java:37)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.AuthorizationInterceptor.intercept(AuthorizationInterceptor.java:88)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.engine.impl.ServiceEngineImpl.invoke(ServiceEngineImpl.java:113)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.routing.Router.routeRequest(Router.java:102)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.base.AbstractMessageReceiver.routeMessage(AbstractMessageReceiver.java:88)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.vm.VMMessageDispatcher.doSend(VMMessageDispatcher.java:210)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.base.AbstractMessageDispatcher.send(AbstractMessageDispatcher.java:57)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.clientsdk.ServiceClient.invoke(ServiceClient.java:208)

at com.adobe.idp.taskmanager.dsc.service.TaskManagerServiceImpl.renderForm(TaskManagerServiceImpl.java:3404)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.invoke(DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.java:181)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvocationInterceptor.intercept(InvocationInterceptor.java:134)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.trans
5 Replies

Level 9
A null pointer exception often means that you've left out one of the settings in the component. Do you have any blank values anywhere, or a blank row in one of the tables?

Howard

http://www.avoka.com

Former Community Member
I don't see any blank values anywhere. I have a single 'Assign Task' operation with the following config. I can send an lca if you like.

Initial User = 'Assign to Process Creator'

Form Data Mappings => input form variable = /process_data/myXFAForm

output form var = /process_data/myXFAForm

myXFAForm has as its Render Service/Operation = JdbService/queryMultipleToXml with the following settings:

datasourceName(literal)= IDP_DS

sql_info(literal)= select FIRST_NAME, LAST_NAME, CONTACT_INFO, ORACLE_USERID from TVS_TVAS_USER where STATUS='ACTIVE'

xml_info (literal) = root: tvasUsers; element: User; mapping: [{element_name=firstname, column_index=1, column_name=FIRST_NAME}, {element_name=lastname, column_index=2, column_name=LAST_NAME}, {element_name=emailAddress, column_index=3, column_name=CONTACT_INFO}, {element_name=tvasUserID, column_index=4, column_name=ORACLE_USERID}]

service output settings:

document=task/Document

Level 10
The render service of an xfaForm variable has to call a service that render service that returns a PDF.

If you set the render service to be a jdbc call to the database, the render service will return an XML stream and the User service won't know what to do with that since it expects a PDF and not an xml data stream.

What exactly are you trying to do?

Jasmin

Former Community Member
I'm simply trying diffent ways of getting a drop down list box to populate from a db. I've tryed a number of different things. Right now I'm trying

queryAsXML ---> xml var --> Set Var (xml to xfaForm) ---> Assign Task

the xfaForm uses the default renderer and is related to a bound pdf.

I can send an lca if you like.

Level 9
Here's an example of what you're trying to do. It's a bit old (from V7), but the principle should be the same.

http://www.avoka.com/apps/checkcookie?location=/resources/resources/PopulatingaDropDownListusingSQLP...

Howard