Expand my Community achievements bar.

Process design redraw is very slow

Former Community Member
Hi,

I'm using the LiveCycle Workbech ES to design a sample process, but the refresh rate of the Process Design view is very, very low - I would say 1 or 2 frames per second.

My machine is a Pentium IV 2.6Ghz with HT, 1GB of RAM and an ATI Radeon 9200 video card.. not one of the fastest around, but not *so* slow. I tried the workbench on another machine, a Core 2 Duo T7300 with 2GB of ram and an ATI HD2600, with a little improvement, but still almost unusable.

Are these performance normal? Is there any way to improve them? Dragging around my process activities becomes very uncomfortable, under these conditions..

Thank you

Cosma
5 Replies

Former Community Member
Are you running the LiveCycle server on the same computer as Workbench? If you can, try installing the Server on a dedicated machine. That will free up resources for Workbench.

Former Community Member
Hi Scott,

thank you for the reply.. but no, I'm not running the LiveCycle server on the same machine, I installed it on another host. I don't think that it is a resources issue, I verified that the workbench is such slow even when a lot of RAM is still available, and without other applications running.

Performance are low only when using the Process Design (common interface elements and the Form Design run fine). I also verified that there aren't any issue with java and 2D drivers (tried the official sun Java2D demos, and they run very fast).

I hope that some settings are available, somewhere, to speed up thing a little..

Thank you

Cosma

Former Community Member
You are not alone. If I try to move an activity or operation on the Process design, it will never complete it. I have to shut LiveCycle Workbench down. But I can delete and re-add an activity or operation easily.

My PC has plenty of resources and other things run fine.

GLange

Former Community Member
Has anyone found out what may be causing this? I have LC ES on a standalone server with more than enough ram and a quad core processor. I have Workbench on my laptop which has plenty of ram and is a dual core processor.

Thanks,

John

Level 9
Try changing this property to false:

-Dcom.adobe.process.editors.designer.antialias=true -> false

Howard

http://www.avoka.com