Expand my Community achievements bar.

extract data from Form Data Integration:exportData service document object

Former Community Member
It there anyway by which we can extract data from document object.

We have orchestration wherein we are using Form Data Integration:exportData service which return document object, now we want to get specific data from document object which was entered by user onto adobe form, Can you please advise.

Thanks and Regards,

Sourabh Lahoti
4 Replies

Level 10
Usually the simplest thing to do is to put the content of the document object into a XML variable. That way you can use a xPath expression to get to you data.

Use something like /process_data/myXML = /process_data/myDocument

Jasmin

Former Community Member
It works for me thanks for helping me out.

Going further, from the XML We want to extract the values for some elements.

As we don't know/have what is the XSD for the generated PDF and due to this we are unable to bind elements with the output variable.

Please suggest how to bind the output variable in the absence of XSD or how to get XSD for generated PDF ? .

Please see the below snippet we are getting when document is converted into the XML.

Sample XML: -

Thanks and Regards,
Sourabh Lahoti

Level 10
You can just use xPath and follow the structure of you XML.

For example /process_data/myXML/xfa:datasets/xfa:data/PurchaseOrderForm/POData/PONumber

would give you the PONumber

You can also use /process_data/myXML//PONumber. This would do a search in all the XML nodes for PONumber.

One important thing to do is add the namespace definition to your process. Right click on the process name and go under properties/Advanced and under 'Registered Prefixes for Namespaces used in XPaths' make sure to add the xfa ->http://www.xfa.org/schema/xfa-data/1.0/ in the list.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Thanks for helping me out, It work's

Below suggestion work for me: -

You can also use /process_data/myXML//PONumber. This would do a search in all the XML nodes for PONumber.

Thanks and Regards,

Sourabh Lahoti