Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Just opening a PDF in Workspace

Level 8
Level 8
Hi all,

I have a process in which I submit (copy) an entire PDF file with digital signature to a watched folder and this kicks of the process.

Now as the first step I would like to present the PDF for the user in a task assignment. The PDF opens fine but nothing happens when I click the buttons Accept/Reject buttons in WS. How can I fix this problem

Sincerely

Kim
13 Replies

Former Community Member
Have you added the process fields object as well as the formbridge object to the form design?

Level 8
Level 8
Yes I have done both.

It seems weird, because if I use list-mode and just single click on a line - I can click on the Accept/Reject button and everything works fine, however if I double click on the line and the form opens, the buttons does not react when I click them.

Sincerely

Kim

Former Community Member
Are you using a document form variable or an xfaForm var?

Level 8
Level 8
I am using a document variable (the reason why I do this is to show the user that a form has been digitally signed), so I can not re-render it with the data from the incoming PDF.

Sincerely

Kim

Level 10
Set the submit button URL (on the XDP) to submit to http://
:/workspace-server/submit.

Jasmin

Level 8
Level 8
Hi Jasmin,

I am not sure what I should do?

I get a pdf as input for my process - and I want just to show this pdf for the user without him doing anything on the signatures.

Should I change the submit on this PDF or should I do something else?

Sincerely

Kim

Level 10
Change the submit on the PDF using Form Designer. The submit button still need to know where to submit to.

Jasmin

Level 8
Level 8
I will try to do that - however the PDF is already going to be submitted somewhere else...Do you mean the submit button that is added by the Process fields or just a regular submit button?

Sincerely

Kim

Level 10
What do yo mean with "the PDF is already going to be submitted somewhere else".

In order to submit a form from Workspace, you need a submit button. That submit button need to submit back to LC. If the form is rendered from an XDP using a render service, it'll put the URL to LC automatically. If you create the PDF manually, you need to tell it where to submit back. This applies whether you use a single submit button or the button from the Process Fields.

Jasmin

Level 8
Level 8
Hi again, and sorry for the bad explanation.

I meant that the form is submitted (normal submit button) to one server that copies the form to a watched folder. This kicks off a process and the first step should just open the form and not change it.

I will try your suggestion with setting the url to:

http://
:/workspace-server/submit

Is "workspace-server" correct or should I substitute it with something?

\Kim

Level 10
Just change the
and .

workspace-server is correct.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Kim,

why are you using a watched folder to kick off the process after the form is submitted? It seems to me that using subprocesses or events is less complicated.

subprocesses: http://livedocs.adobe.com/livecycle/8.2/wb_help/000153.html

events: http://livedocs.adobe.com/livecycle/8.2/wb_help/000926.html

scott

Level 8
Level 8
Ok, I will try to explain the scenario.

Our solution has a form that will be submitted to a server, which has a custom .NET module that processes the form and sends a confirmation of receiving the form to the user. All of this is non-process management. However the processfields

After this the .NET module kicks of a process that will handle the form. The first step in this process is to show it to the user.

The idea Jasmin gave me worked fine - I can now use the Approve/Rejct buttons in Workspace when the form is open.

Thanks alot by the way

Sincerely

Kim