Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Cannot open dynamic PDF in Workbench

Former Community Member
I am afraid this may some kind of bug, but I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

I have created two PDFs in Designer (I have a copy of them as XDP also) that I would like to open/edit in Workbench. For some reason any time I try to open them in Workbench I receive two errors. First it says that "File does not exist C:\file..." and then another window pops up saying that I can only open an XDP or a PDF created with Designer. It also suggests I import the desired file into Designer to edit it.

The issue is that I did create both of those PDFs in Designer. I don't understand why it thinks otherwise. I tried to import the files into new ones. That did not work either. What really baffles me is that I can open them just fine in Designer when it is not in Workbench. I know it is not just my forms, becasue I've tried creating brand new PDFs and they give the same error.

I really would rather work with PDFs than XDPs so if anyone could suggest something I'd greatly appreciate it. Could this be a bad Workbench setting or bug or something? Thanks in advance for any help!
2 Replies

Level 10
Can you load them in Designer outside of Workbench?

Jasmin

Level 9
Do your files contain any resources (images, schemas, fragments, etc) that are referenced directly in the file system?

If so, make these relative references, and add them to the repository.

Howard

http://www.avoka.com