Expand my Community achievements bar.

Using receiveMail service

Level 8
Level 8
Hi all,

When I try to use the receiveMail service I get an NoSuchProviderException (no provider for pop3s). I am using the same settings as I am using for some of my email endpoints and these seem to work out fine, however with receiveEmail it does not work.

java.lang.RuntimeException: javax.mail.NoSuchProviderException: No provider for pop3s

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.email.EmailServiceImpl.receive(EmailServiceImpl.java:265)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.invoke(DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.java:181)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvocationInterceptor.intercept(InvocationInterceptor.java:134)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.RequestInterceptorChainImpl.proceed(RequestInterceptorChainImpl.java:44)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor$1.doInTransaction(TransactionInterceptor.java:74)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.execute(EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.java:336)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.doSupports(EjbTransactionCMTAdapterBean.java:212)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor315.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)

Hope you can help me here.

Sincerely

Kim Christensen
8 Replies

Level 10
Are you checking the "Use Configuration Options" check box?

If so it'll take the configuration from the Email service and note from that Connection Settings panel.

Make sure it's not check and see if that works.

Jasmin

Level 8
Level 8
Hi again Jasmin,

I believe I have set up the connection correctly, but I will double/triple check it. Will post back the results when I get them.

Thank you for your help

Sincerely

Kim Christensen

Level 8
Level 8
Hi again,

After triple checking the settings I still get the NoSuchProviderException (for pop3s). I am using a gmail-account which dictates that I need to use SSL.

Any suggestions?

Sincerely

Kim Christensen

Level 10
But even if your connection settings are fine, make sure the "Use Configuration Options" check box is not checked because it'll ignore your settings and use the one from the Email service which are blank in your case.

What do you put for your pop3 server when you use GMail?

Jasmin

Level 8
Level 8
Hi again,

I have set up both the settings in the adminUI and in the service itself. And either way I get the error.

I use pop.gmail.com as the pop3 server for gmail, and it works when I use an Email endpoint. However it does not work when I use the receiveMail service.

The scenario I am trying to create is the following:

I send out an email to an end user that some form is not filled correctly and I need him/her to respond with the correctins to the filled form.

This I do by using sendMailwithDocument followed by the receiveMail service. Is this a correct way of using the services or should I use another approach?

Sincerely

Kim Christensen

Level 9
Hi

Can you get this to work with a local POP3 (not POP3S) server? That would help to isolate the problem.

You may also find this posting helpful:

http://www.jguru.com/faq/view.jsp?EID=122151

Basically, they're saying that it might be the way that Javamail is configured on your application server.

Howard

http://www.avoka.com

Level 8
Level 8
Thank you for your suggestions - I will try them when I get time.

Also sorry that I have not been posting in this thread for a while, I am busy doing another workflow. I will return with more information when I have tested it.

Sincerely

Kim Christensen

Former Community Member
I'm curious to see if you're still having the same problem, as i am too, and i can't figure out why