Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

formguide and javascript inside a pdf

Level 6
Hello,

I´m trying FormGuide. I realize that the behavior of the script inside an event in a pdf/template is different when the pdf is opened directly in acrobat reader or when is opened using a formguide (preview pdf).

For instance, if I have 2 javascript alerts on the change event of a field, only the first one will be shown when the value of that field is changed in formguide.

Another example: if at the same event I have a javascript replace funcion, when I change the field in the guideform, the event is fire as expected, but I will get an xfaxm error message...

I thought formguide would only make a mapping between the field in the flash screen with the field on the form, but that everything else would run inside the form. However, it seems formguide is "capturing" the events and script and is running them...

If this is true, how can I define something like a replace function?Also, How can I use floating fields in a pdf, that will be changed as some field in formguide changes?

Thank you
3 Replies

Former Community Member
You have a number of issues that you have brought up here. This are difficult without looking at exactly what you aer doing and what script you are running. Can you post your form to Livecycle8@adobe.com?

I will try and answer your questions:

The replace() is supported in Form Guides

All script will run in the Form Guide unless you call into the PDF directly (liek when you click the buttons to email, or print)

Floating fields are resolved at runtime and are turned into Text. They are not inetractive.

If you are trying to get script to execute in only your guide you can use:

if ( xfa.host.name == Flash ) {

script to execute.

}

And of course you can do the not (!=) to only execute in Reader/Acrobat.

Level 6
Hello Paul,

First of all, thank you for your help.

"All script will run in the Form Guide"

=> What script are you refering to? Is this the script inside the PDF? If yes, are you saying that any script inside a pdf (unless we use the xfa.host.name == Flash condition), will run inside the FormGuide host? I searched inside the lcguide.js created along with FormGuides, and I realized that it ssems some script will run in a flex context. Is this you are refering?

"unless you call into the PDF directly (liek when you click the buttons to email, or print)"

=> This is done using formbridge?

I will send an example.

Thank you

Former Community Member
That address is livecycle8@gmail.com not adobe.com. Sorry for the confusion.