Expand my Community achievements bar.

Documentum connector in workbench

Former Community Member
Is there anyway by which the documentum connector can be used to add documents in documentum such that instead of adding it to the type dm_document we can add it to our custom type and also add meta data corresponding to the custom type while uploading the document?
4 Replies

Level 10
Answer from the Product Manager:

"The answer is yes. CRC service operations allow developers to decide class type, content type, and meta data that they want to store."

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Thanks a lot can you please highlight how the action can be carried out?

Level 10
Again from the PM as I'm not that familiar with the connector myself:

"You can the properties of the CRC operations at Workbench help or online at http://livedocs.adobe.com/livecycle/es/wb_help/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/html/wwhelp.htm

The CRC reference is located at

Creating Processes > Service reference > Content Repository Connector (for EMC Documentum)"

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Hi Jasmin,

Thanks for the documentation link but i have the same question about changing the default type dm_document to something like pdf. Basically I could do that as part of the orchestration while storing the document in documentum.

But - if i switch the liecycle repository to documentum so instead of using the default livecycle repository i am using the documentum then the documents (pdf templates, fragments, asset objects etc) gets put into repository as dm_document type. I search into the adminui but couldn't find any configuration setting.

Can you please check with the team and advise if we can change the document type for the objects that get put into repository?

Cheers,

Parth