Expand my Community achievements bar.

Data persistent not remains at user 2

Former Community Member
hi guys,

All text field data remain persisted. but i have used two list and used buttons to move item from list one to list two.

The list two is not remaining persisted.
4 Replies

Level 10
What's the context here? Are you expecting an answer or is this just a comment?

Jasmin

Former Community Member
no i am not just commenting, I am asking. Why it happens?

means whenever i use script or any dynamic addition in the form not persisted at user2 or at next user task.

Level 10
If you dynamically add data to a drop down, you'll lose the dynamic items when you submit the data.

When you submit the data, only the selected value from the drop down is part of the data and not the drop down content. If you want to submit the drop down content, you could save the value in a hidden field and then the value (for that field) would be submitted.

On the second step (user2) you would have to populate the drop down from that hidden field instead when the form initialize.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Thanks jasmin,

Problem is not with the dropdown list.

but i have used simple list boxes. I am explaining once again that,

I have two simple list boxes. i am moving the items from the list1 to list2 using button, javascript is used behind that button. i just want that at the user2 the lists must be same as at the time of submission at user1.

but list1 appears like at time of creation and list2 appears empty. so why data is not persisted.

its not with the case of list but with the table also. i am adding row dynamically to the table but at user two it shows default rows and data stored in the table is lost. please give me suggestion that data should be persisted.

thanks again