Expand my Community achievements bar.

XDP to PDF Rendering

Former Community Member
I'm working on my first process, and I simplified it for testing purposes. It consists of a SetValue activity where I read an xdp form that I previously created. Then, it goes to a user for review.

Workspace is giving me an ALC-WKS-007-040 error. I've seen previous messages where I'm supposed to use RenderPDFForm from the Sample-Forms category to solve this error. The problem is that I don't have such category available; only the Forms-Forms category lists it.

Any suggestions? Thanks!
11 Replies

Level 10
You need to install the Render and Submit samples to get it. If the samples were not added at installation time, you can always add them from C:\Adobe\LiveCycle8\LiveCycle_ES_SDK\samples\Forms\RenderAndSubmit using the adminui under Archive Administration.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
I've installed SP1b, so I'm running Workbench 8.0.1.1. The location of my SDK is C:\Program Files\Adobe\LiveCycle ES\WorkbenchES_SP1b\LiveCycle_ES_SDK, and the samples folder does not include a Forms folder, only PDFAssembler and SamplesConfig folders. Where can I download all those samples from?

Thank you for your help!

Level 10
The folder structure would be on the server where LiveCycle is installed and not where workbech is installed.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
Jasmin,

I finally got access to the server, but the form samples were not installed. The only folders installed in the server, under C:\Adobe\LiveCycle8\LiveCycle_ES_SDK\samples\ are the PDFAssembler and SamplesConfig folders. How can I get access to the Forms folder that you mentioned above?

Also, to be precise, I found the SDK folder under the following path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\LiveCycle ES\Workbench ES\LiveCycle_ES_SDK\samples.

One more thing. I didn't see any lca files within the current sample structure. I was wondering how those samples would install through the Archive Management import service.

Thanks,

Tito

Former Community Member
I found the folders under a different drive. I will install and report.

Former Community Member
In Archive Import, I can't browse to that folder, which is on the D drive. The browsing action begins within my own computer, and I can't get to the other server. Do you have any suggestions?

Former Community Member
Jasmin,

I was able to import it. Once I resolve the issue that I currently have logging in to Workbench due to the installation of the SP1b patch, I will let you know what happened.

Thank you,

Tito

Former Community Member
Jasmin,

I finally solved all the issues that I had with the installation of the SP1b server patch and was able to import all the samples. I need a pointer for setting up the different options in the render and submit services, please. Thanks!

Former Community Member
Great! Just to confirm and enlarge a bit, I've set up the Render Service as follows:

Service Input:

- formUrl: task, Form URL

- inDocData: task, Form Data

- targetURL: Custom Configuration, targetUrl

- userAgent: Custom Configuration, userAgent

Service Output:

outFormDoc - task - Document

Then, I set up the Submit Service as follows:

Service Input:

- document: variable, myVariableName

- environmentBuffer: Custom Configuration, environmentBuffer

- targetURL: Custom Configuration, targetUrl

- userAgent: Custom Configuration, userAgent

Is this correct? Thanks.

Former Community Member
I've just tried it in WorkSpace, and it worked! Thank you for all your help.