Expand my Community achievements bar.

livecycle OCR

Former Community Member
im still newbie with livecycle.want to ask simple question.please help.

1. form -> print -> fill(handwriting) -> scan -> save to DB.

- question:

-> can livecycle ES handle the prosses?

-> in scan prosess, can livecycle ES get the value from field that filled by hand?

thanx before
5 Replies

Level 10
LiveCycle can handle the process.

LiveCycle can get the value of the field, but will most likely be an image of the signature. LiveCycle CANNOT recognize the handwriting in that image.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
How about using OCR, is there any way to integrate OCR into LiveCycle, so that after the customer fill the form by hand using capital letters for example, the OCR will try reading the values written in the fields, can this be done?

Thank you in advance

Level 10
The LiveCycle 2D barcode might be a better approach. Basically 2D bar code will contain the value for all fields in the form. Then you can fax the form back and have LiveCycle decode the bar code automatically and use the data.

Jasmin

Level 9
You can integrate OCR and scanning into LiveCycle. Generally you would get the OCR software to read the image, extract the data, and invoke a LiveCycle process using the data. You can invoke the process in multiple ways, such as dropping the data into a "watch folder".

LiveCycle's strengths, however, are when you move your customers to filling in forms electronically rather than by hand.

Howard

http://www.avoka.com

Former Community Member
I have about 300 paper forms (the same form) that I would like to scan and extract the data into a database. Is it possible to do this using live cycle. I tried using the wizard (selected create new form, scan from paper, I scanned in the form and selected place fields by hands. I'm thinking that I should be able to draw a text box around the text, use OCR to read and extract the text and somehow bind it to a database.