Expand my Community achievements bar.

Custom component deployment

Former Community Member
I would like to develop a component that is common to all other component(s).

So I developed a custom common component which points to a common jar (lib) file, idea is that if I changed the jar and redeploy the common component then all dependent component should get the latest change without undeploy/deploying all of them. I also have some utility classes inside common component ( so there could be dynamic changes to these utility classes or to common lib jar and all other will get updates at once) this approach seem to work sometime but not always sometime it works after server restart or by undeply/deploy all components (which is not good idea), I am not able to figure out why exactly this is happening is it classpath loading? any idea?

How to get Datasource inside custom component? I tried but got exceptions not able to get the DataSource ( i tried both with and without java: prefix) ( Note: I see the DataSource is being used inside JDBC component)

I think Adobe should opensource the components part of LCES to make community understand them and develop more usable component(s) which will help all including Adobe

Thanks

Yog
2 Replies

Level 9
You could just deploy your common library as an application server library - that's how all other common libraries are deployed?

Howard

http://www.avoka.com

Former Community Member
Howard,

Thanks, but I would like to take advantage of dynamic deploy / redeploy of common component without restarting the server. ( because I think it is all class loading related)

Howard may be I did not get your idea clearly can you please elaborate?

Note:

Datasource issue I able to sloved (atleast for java:IDP_DS).

Thanks

Yog