Expand my Community achievements bar.

Great rendering article - thanks Paul, requesting more info

Level 4
Paul,

This is a great article on the rendering process that you wrote:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/livecycle/articles/extend_forms.html

I'd like to request additional information if it is available.

At the end of the article you state:

"Now you can browse to the render service that you have created and set it to be used by this variable. "

No mention is made of the service inputs section of the advanced tab of the xfaForm variable. Can you elaborate on what that is, or is there a document that speaks to this?

Thanks!
3 Replies

Former Community Member
This inputs relate to the variables that are exposed as inputs and outputs on the Renderer. You are basically exposing different information that is returned by the requestor of the form to the Render process so that it can render correctly. You can add additional inputs if you would like na dthey will also get exposed in that interface. I have done this to expose the logged in User to get additional information to pre-populate the form based on who started the process.

Level 4
Paul, Thanks for the reply, but I was hoping for something a little "meatier". For example, some variables are "task" variables, some are "custom configuration", etc. I don't know what those mean, and I think a tutorial, walkthrough document would go a long way.

Thanks,

Elaine

Former Community Member
Oh I see what you want. This can get quite technical as it will involve the retrieving of HTML header information as well as our own task variables that we use for keeping the state of the workflow. I will give it a try and let you know what I come up with. It will take some time to get it approved. Give me a couple of weeks and I will let you know.