Expand my Community achievements bar.

Document not available

Former Community Member
I have a workflow process that uses a Read Resource Content operation to retrieve a PDF document into a document variable - this works intermitently but more frequently results in the process stalling and a "DocumentError" being logged. The error message states that the "Document is no longer available on the sending side anymore. Make sure that it is not disposed or garbage collected too early"...

Can anybody tell me why this would happen and how to correct it?
9 Replies

Former Community Member
Does the read rresource operation complete successfully?

Former Community Member
No, that's where it stalls - with the message that the "document is not available on the sending side anymore".

Former Community Member
Hi jeff

I've posted the same question/problem some weeks ago:

http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3c056969

Unfortunately nobody could answer me question....

Regards,

Nico

Former Community Member
Interestingly, I haven't seen the problem for the past few days - not sure if it's "gone away" because of something that I've changed or whether it will come back to haunt me.

Former Community Member
Hi,

I encounter the same problem. Is intermitent too. Don't know whether is it because the file size is too large? Is around 1MB. Or is it a bug of livecycle workflow. Is there any configuration to tune in the application server or livecycle server???

Thanks.

Former Community Member
Hi,

I'm experiencing the same issue. It was working for a while and then started to through

the exception about the document not being available. I created a new workflow

process which retrieved the exact same document from the repository and it worked

fine (well, at least it is for now!)

Has anyone determined the cause and/or solution/workaround to prevent this from

happening?

Thanks.

Former Community Member
This is now happening to me frequently. I'm using the renderPDFForm

service. As the form goes through an approval process, I extract

the data, update some timestamps, and then use the renderPDFForm

serivce to reinsert the data and then I assign the form to the

next user for approval. I can't determine a cause for the failure

as it can happen after any number of approvals. Today I'm approaching

a 50% failure rate. At this point my application is not deployable.

Former Community Member
Here's a copy of the logs:

[16/07/08 13:33:31:025 EDT] 00000076 FormServer A com.adobe.livecycle.formsservice.logging.FormsLogger logMessage ALC-FRM-001-501: FormName:/FormsJuly/ApprovalForm.pdf : FormPreference:PDFForm : Debug:false : PDFVersion:null : Content Root:repository:// : Base URL:null : App Root:null : User Agent:null

[16/07/08 13:33:31:145 EDT] 00000076 Document W com.adobe.idp.DocumentManagerClient requestRemotePassivation DOCS008: The remote side reported that the document data was possibly collected by timeout. Consider increasing the defaultDocumentDisposalTimeout setting.

[16/07/08 13:33:31:148 EDT] 00000076 FormServer E com.adobe.formServer.FormServer dumpLog The Document is not available on the sending side anymore. Make sure that it is not disposed or garbage collected too early.

[16/07/08 13:33:31:155 EDT] 00000076 Reference I org.apache.xml.security.signature.Reference verify Verification successful for URI "#c22b4d45332e6854c69a43c8d928ce7d"

[16/07/08 13:33:31:161 EDT] 00000076 Orchestration I ProcessManagerSerice:throwEvent()

[16/07/08 13:33:31:202 EDT] 00000076 SchedulerServ A com.adobe.idp.scheduler.SchedulerServiceImpl createQuartzTrigger OneShot Trigger created ----------------------------------------

[16/07/08 13:33:31:236 EDT] 00000076 AWS E com.adobe.workflow.engine.ProcessEngineBMTBean stallAction stalling action-instance: 8195 with message: ALC-DSC-003-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCInvocationException: Invocation error.

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.invoke(DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.java:210)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvocationInterceptor.intercept(InvocationInterceptor.java:134)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.RequestInterceptorChainImpl.proceed(RequestInterceptorChainImpl.java:44)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor$1.doInTransaction(TransactionInterceptor.java:74)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EjbTransactionBMTAdapterBean.doRequiresNew(EjbTransactionBMTAdapterBean.java:218)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.adapter.EJSLocalStatelessEjbTransactionBMTAdapter_3af08fdf.doRequiresNew(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.impl.ejb.EjbTransactionProvider.execute(EjbTransactionProvider.java:133)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.intercept(TransactionInterceptor.java:72)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.RequestInterceptorChainImpl.proceed(RequestInterceptorChainImpl.java:44)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.InvalidStateInterceptor.intercept(InvalidStateInterceptor.java:37)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.interceptor.impl.AuthorizationInterceptor.intercept(AuthorizationInterceptor.java:80)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.engine.impl.ServiceEngineImpl.invoke(ServiceEngineImpl.java:113)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.routing.Router.routeRequest(Router.java:102)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.base.AbstractMessageReceiver.routeMessage(AbstractMessageReceiver.java:88)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.vm.VMMessageDispatcher.doSend(VMMessageDispatcher.java:210)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.base.AbstractMessageDispatcher.send(AbstractMessageDispatcher.java:57)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.clientsdk.ServiceClient.invoke(ServiceClient.java:208)

at com.adobe.workflow.engine.PEUtil.invokeAction(PEUtil.java:556)

at com.adobe.workflow.engine.ProcessEngineBMTBean.continueBranchAtAction(ProcessEngineBMTBean.java:2868)

at com.adobe.workflow.engine.ProcessEngineBMTBean.asyncContinueBranchCommand(ProcessEngineBMTBean.java:2397)

at com.adobe.workflow.engine.EJSLocalStatelessadobe_ProcessEngineBMTEJB_7d3cbd67.asyncContinueBranchCommand(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.workflow.engine.ProcessCommandControllerBean.doOnMessage(ProcessCommandControllerBean.java:133)

at com.adobe.workflow.engine.ProcessCommandControllerBean.onMessage(ProcessCommandControllerBean.java:94)

at com.ibm.ejs.container.MessageEndpointHandler.invokeMdbMethod(MessageEndpointHandler.java:1014)

at com.ibm.ejs.container.MessageEndpointHandler.invoke(MessageEndpointHandler.java:747)

at $Proxy0.onMessage(Unknown Source)

at com.ibm.ws.sib.api.jmsra.impl.JmsJcaEndpointInvokerImpl.invokeEndpoint(JmsJcaEndpointInvokerImpl.java:201)

at com.ibm.ws.sib.ra.inbound.impl.SibRaDispatcher.dispatch(SibRaDispatcher.java:768)

at com.ibm.ws.sib.ra.inbound.impl.SibRaSingleProcessListener$SibRaWork.run(SibRaSingleProcessListener.java:584)

at com.ibm.ejs.j2c.work.WorkProxy.run(WorkProxy.java:419)

at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:1473)

Caused by: com.adobe.livecycle.formsservice.exception.RenderFormException: The Document is not available on the sending side anymore. Make sure that it is not disposed or garbage collected too early.

at com.adobe.idp.DocumentManagerClient.requestRemotePassivation(DocumentManagerClient.java:319)

at com.adobe.idp.Document.passivate(Document.java:759)

at com.adobe.idp.Document.passivate(Document.java:702)

at com.adobe.idp.Document.length(Document.java:1172)

at com.adobe.formServer.utils.GibsonUtils.addAttachments(GibsonUtils.java:469)

at com.adobe.formServer.SnapIn.PDFMerge.PDFMerge.finalize(PDFMerge.java:106)

at com.adobe.formServer.Controller.doNativeRender(Controller.java:536)

at com.adobe.formServer.Controller.doRender(Controller.java:492)

at com.adobe.formServer.Controller.render(Controller.java:131)

at com.adobe.formServer.FormServer.renderForm(FormServer.java:191)

at com.adobe.formServer.FormServer.renderForm(FormServer.java:256)

at com.adobe.formServer.docservice.FormsDocService.renderForm(FormsDocService.java:446)

at com.adobe.formServer.docservice.FormsDocService.renderForm(FormsDocService.java:405)

at com.adobe.formServer.docservice.FormsDocService.renderPDFForm(FormsDocService.java:109)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.component.impl.DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.invoke(DefaultPOJOInvokerImpl.java:181)

... 32 more