Expand my Community achievements bar.

Server Connection Error : ALC-DSC-000-000

Former Community Member
Hello and Happy New Year,

I can't connect my LiveCycle Workbench ES to my LiveCycle Server ES (they are on different machine)

I have configured my configuration connection like this :

Server title : IDOC - LiveCycle

Hostname : I have test either with the name of the server and the IP

Adress with same result

Protocol : SOAP/HTTP

Server port : 8080

I have verify the connection to the server by accessing the console : all it's ok, authentification by Administrator login and test login.

But, when I try to connect in my workbench with Administrator login or test login, there is always the same error message :

"Connection to server IDOC - LiveCycle failed. Please verify your connection settings and make sure the server is available before retrying"

In the Workbench log I have this error :

"ALC-DSC-000-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCRuntimeException: Internal error."

Is anybody an idea?

I think, I have forgot something in my configurations of the client or the server machine, but I don't know what?

Xavier

PS. : I have set below the complete log of the workbench

!SESSION 2008-01-02 16:49:26.066 -----------------------------------------------

eclipse.buildId=unknown

java.version=1.5.0_11

java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.

BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=fr_FR

Framework arguments: #Product Runtime Configuration File

Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 #Product Runtime Configuration File

!ENTRY com.adobe.ide.singlesignon 1 1 2008-01-02 16:49:29.570

!MESSAGE LiveCycle Workbench ES version '8.0.3187.1'

!ENTRY com.adobe.ide.singlesignon 4 4 2008-01-02 16:49:39.950

!MESSAGE Unable to validate user 'Administrator'

!STACK 0

ALC-DSC-000-000: com.adobe.idp.dsc.DSCRuntimeException: Internal error.

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.soap.axis.sdk.SoapAxisDispatcher.throwExceptionHandler(SoapAxisDispatcher.java:207)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.soap.axis.sdk.SoapAxisDispatcher.doSend(SoapAxisDispatcher.java:125)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.provider.impl.base.AbstractMessageDispatcher.send(AbstractMessageDispatcher.java:57)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.clientsdk.ServiceClient.invoke(ServiceClient.java:208)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.registry.service.client.ServiceRegistryClient.invoke(ServiceRegistryClient.java:940)

at com.adobe.idp.dsc.registry.service.client.ServiceRegistryClient.getService(ServiceRegistryClient.java:95)

at com.adobe.ide.singlesignon.utils.DSInstance.authenticate(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.ide.singlesignon.dialogs.LoginDialog.loginButtonPressed(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.ide.singlesignon.dialogs.LoginLogoutBaseDialog$2.widgetSelected(Unknown Source)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:90)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:928)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3348)

at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2968)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:820)

at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:796)

at com.adobe.ide.singlesignon.dialogs.LoginLogoutBaseDialog.open(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.ide.singlesignon.IDESession.localLogin(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.ide.singlesignon.IDESession.getServiceClientFactory(Unknown Source)

at com.adobe.common.utils.LCInstanceCache.getServiceClientFactory(LCInstanceCache.java:171)

at com.adobe.common.utils.LCInstanceCache.access$1000(LCInstanceCache.java:41)

at com.adobe.common.utils.LCInstanceCache$ClientLock.getClient(LCInstanceCache.java:187)

at com.adobe.common.utils.LCInstanceCache.getServiceRegistry(LCInstanceCache.java:131)

at com.adobe.common.utils.ServiceRegistryUtils.loadServiceConfiguration(ServiceRegistryUtils.java:516)

at com.adobe.workflow.eclipse.editors.WorkflowEditorServiceConfigurationInputFacto
5 Replies

Level 10
Try to put the IP address of the server instead of the name.

Jasmin

Former Community Member
I have test with the IP address of the server with the same result.

Xavier

Former Community Member
Xavier,

Have you find the solution to this problem?

I have the same situation. Since, I'm using the server for testing purposes only, I've been remoting to the machine and from there I can connect using the workbench. But that's not the ideal thing to do, especially when the workbench uses so much RAM.

Let me know if you find the solution.

Former Community Member
Hi Folks,

I also have the same issue.Any solutions so far.Pls help.thks

Former Community Member
Siva,

I found that in my case the problem was that the version of my Workbench was not compatible with the version of the LiveCycle Server. So, check that if your server is 8.0 you have workbench 8.0 or if the server is 8.2 then that your workbench is 8.2 (you get the idea).

Also make sure that when you install the workbench you select the proper server type. If you have JBoss then defaults should work but if your server is anything else then you need to specify during the Workbench installation.

If you keep getting the same error, post your configuration settings and your the error log from your eclipse log file.