Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Form guide with digital signature inside workspace

Former Community Member
Hi,

I want to use form guides for user form filling, but also the resultant PDF form must be digitally signed. I'm presenting the form inside Workspace and as a part of workflow.

I've read Form Guides Getting Started document. There, it uses xfaForm type input variable for the process. As I know, xfaForm is data only. So it doesn't work when signatures are needed. I've tried to change the variable type to documentForm in the Sample Mortgage Loan Flex process, but with again no success. This time, on the second step of process, the form rendering on Workspace gave an error as follows:

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.

at MethodInfo-11871()

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()

at mx.core::UIComponent/dispatchEvent()

at mx.core::UIComponent/set initialized()

at mx.managers::LayoutManager/doPhasedInstantiation()

at Function/http://adobe.com/AS3/2006/builtin::apply()

at mx.core::UIComponent/callLaterDispatcher2()

at mx.core::UIComponent/callLaterDispatcher()

To sum up: Can we use form guides for filling out forms that are to be digitally signed and sent to the next step in the process?

Thank you
2 Replies

Former Community Member
This can be done but you must use the Document Form var to route the signed pdf. You must configure the FormGuide submit button to 'Submit from PDF' in Guide Builder.

Also the button on the form must be configured to submit as 'PDF' (not XDP). This change is done when you open the form in designer.

Note that after you have submitted the signed pdf you will be dealing with a pdf subsequently.

Attached is a sample FormGuide.

Former Community Member
Thank you very much. It just worked as you described.

Best regards,

Ahmet