Expand my Community achievements bar.

Form No Longer Checking for Required Fields

Former Community Member
All

I have a PDF form built in Designer 8.1 that has a collection of required fields within it. Some of the fields are set as required via FormCalc while others are simply required as a configuration.

However, when I submit my form within Workspace, it is no longer being checked for required fields being empty and allows me to submit the form in any state. If I try to put some custom FormCalc within the Submit button of my form, then I can no longer use that button as "Submit" - which is necessary for the form to work properly within Workspace.

Any ideas?

Thanks
4 Replies

Former Community Member

I have the same question.  Does anyone have an answer for this?

Level 10

What you can do is put your script on the click event of a regular button. When you are satisfied with the state of the form, you can invoke the click event of the submit button programmatically.

Something like

if (no more validation) then

mySubmitButton.event("click")

else

Don't submit.

Jasmin

Former Community Member

Jasmin,

For workspace, I add the process fields which includes the submit button.  That submit button is then rendered as a "Complete" button in workspace.  I assume that I can add my script to that submit button, correct?

Thanks!

Go Habs!

Level 10

I'm assuming you talk about the visible 'Submit' button. This button is in fact a regular button that invokes a hidden submit button.

If it's the case, then yes you can add you script in there.

Jasmin