Expand my Community achievements bar.

Error when submitting any form (ALC-WKS-007-043)

Former Community Member
I am getting the following error any time I submit a form using the "Complete" button inside the workspace.

An error occurred submitting the form (task xxx, form {1}). (ALC-WKS-007-043)

I have restarted the server and still get the same error!

Any idea?
6 Replies

Former Community Member
By the way, I am getting this same error on processes that previously worked just fine.

Level 8
Do you have access to the server log? There may be more information about what is causing the error in the log.

Former Community Member
2008-01-08 13:17:14,625 INFO [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker] Trying to reconnect to JMS provider

2008-01-08 13:17:14,625 ERROR [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker] Reconnect failed: JMS provider failure detected:

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: XAConnectionFactory

at org.jboss.ha.jndi.TreeHead.lookup(TreeHead.java:223)

at org.jboss.ha.jndi.HAJNDI.lookup(HAJNDI.java:134)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor247.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)

at org.jboss.ha.framework.interfaces.HARMIClient.invoke(HARMIClient.java:229)

at $Proxy275.lookup(Unknown Source)

at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:610)

at org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:572)

at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:351)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.DLQHandler.createService(DLQHandler.java:151)

at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalCreate(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:245)

at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.create(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:173)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker.innerStartDelivery(JMSContainerInvoker.java:605)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker$ExceptionListenerImpl.run(JMSContainerInvoker.java:1471)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

2008-01-08 13:17:14,625 INFO [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker] Trying to reconnect to JMS provider

2008-01-08 13:17:14,625 ERROR [org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker] Reconnect failed: JMS provider failure detected:

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalCreate(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:245)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker.innerStartDelivery(JMSContainerInvoker.java:605)

at org.jboss.ejb.plugins.jms.JMSContainerInvoker$ExceptionListenerImpl.run(JMSContainerInvoker.java:1471)

Level 8
Looks like there is a problem in accessing the JMS.

Usually this means that there is a problem connecting to the database for one reason or another.

Assuming that you did a turnkey installation, the first thing to check is that the MySQL service is running.

If that is okay, check that the C:\Adobe\LiveCycle8\jboss\server\all\deploy\adobe-ds.xml file has the right information.

Former Community Member
Michael, thank you very much for your help! Yes, this is a turnkey setup.

I did check the MySQL service and is running fine I can login to the workspace without any problems so I don't think is in the adobe-ds file.

I also setup another datasource in the mysql-ds.xml, but using the

workspace I created a new process and added a JDBC service, ran the "Test" after adding a query to the service and got results back, so that seems to be working fine too.

There was a mssql-ds that I tried to setup with SQL Express 2005 that never worked so I removed it, but the error still showing up.

The log gets updated every 5 seconds or so with the same error so whatever it is, is constantly trying to reconnect.

any ideas?

Thanks again for your help.

Former Community Member
I've finally solved the problem.

I had renamed the DefaultDS in the mysql-ds.xml file. Ignorant to the Fact that by default JBOSS uses that DS and is referenced everywhere! So if you want to rename that then you have to make the changes on MANY places (see file login-config.xml and all the files inside the Deploy folder). There is a document from Adobe where it explains how to upgrade from LiveCycle 7.x to ES and it explicitly says that there most be a DS with the name of "DefaultDS". If they mention this anywhere else, I've never seen it though.

Anyways now I modified the mysql-ds.xml to include the original DefaultDS jndi and added my owns too. So my file looks more like this:

MySqlDS
jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/myownDb
com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
myUser
myPwd
org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.vendor.MySQLExceptionSorter

mySQL

DefaultDS
jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/adobe
com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
adobe
pwd
org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.vendor.MySQLExceptionSorter

mySQL

I hope this help anyone out there with the same error.