Expand my Community achievements bar.

RE and process fields

Level 8
Level 8
Hi all,

I have a process in which I need to RE the forms. When I do this (with all permissions set) the buttons for the process (the process fields) is no longer visible in the Workspace (I hope you know which buttons I mean) - however the Submit-button and the "Action" field is visible in the form itself (and they work). This only happens to forms which I have Reader Extended and this seem odd to me why this should matter.

Can anyone help me - or try to explain the problem?

Sincerely

Kim
10 Replies

Former Community Member
Hello Kim,

Are you applying the usage rights within your render process (or) are you pulling a file from the repository that already includes usage rights?

If you are applying the rights within your render process, is Apply Usage Rights the last step i.e. ...renderForm -> Workspace enable form -> apply usage rights.

In addition, does your form contain any form ready events? i.e. data population via a wsdl or DB connection upon open?

Can you please provide some additional details on the order of operations you are using and when the rights are applied.

Thanks,

_Seth Reilly

Level 8
Level 8
Hi again Seth,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I am not quite sure if the following answers what you are asking, but here goes.

I take an already RE form and drags it into the repository - after this I just use the form normally in the process (like if it was not RE.

I do not know what you mean by setting up the render process - I dont see any setup configuration for RE any where in the render process - can you help me here?

With regards to the form ready events I am not really sure (I did not develop the forms myself) however I do not populate anything in the form by wsdl or DB. However I believe I have some dynamics which is triggered at form ready.

Hope this answers your question - otherwise do not hesitate to ask again

Thanks for your help - I really appreciate it

Sincerely

Kim

Former Community Member
It sounds like you have a form which is already RE.

You will need to use Form Designer to open the form, and insert the Form Bridge XFO located in the "Library -> Custom" area. After adding the XFO to your form, save the new updated form.

Level 8
Level 8
Hi again,

Yes my form is already RE, is this the way I should do it or can I use some services to do it for me in a process?

However I will try your suggestions right away.

The reason that I need the form to be RE is that I need to enable attachements to the pdf-file. Can I handle this in another manor?

Sincerely

Kim

Former Community Member
Hi Kim,

Based on your workflow, I concur with the above post. Since you are pulling a form directly from the repository and it already contains usage rights, you should add the Form Bridge at design time of the form. The key is that this field needs to be added before usage rights are applied.

Please try the following:

- Open the Form in Designer and add the Form Bridge. It is an invisible field that can be added anywhere within the form.

- Re-save the form

- Re-apply the usage rights and upload the updated form to the repository.

If you were applying rights within your workflow, then yes you could do it using the service FormAugmenterService > Inject Form Bridge. But once again, the usage rights would need to be applied after the Form Bridge is added.

Thanks,

_Seth Reilly

Level 8
Level 8
Hi again,

It works perfectly, thank you very much for your help.

Sincerely

Kim

Level 9
Just a note on this...

If you're wanting to use attachments, and the form is being used inside Workspace, the recommended way of doing this is to use the Attachments capabilities of Workspace.

Howard

http://www.avoka.com

Former Community Member
I am having the same problem as Kim. I have created a new form with the bridge followed by the having right applied. When I attempt to add the Template Url: definition for the xfaform variable for my new form, I get an error:

Unexpected error encountered.

The CDPUtilsClientSide class could not be loaded.

The schema will be ignored.

Former Community Member
This is expected behavior. If you upload a pdf that already has RE rights then the form augmenter will ignore it to avoid breaking the RE rights. If you want this use case to work then you should add the Form Bridge to the form then add the RE rights.

If you want to add RE rights in the render service then you should apply the rights after the form augment step.