Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session

Deploying compiled Workspace ES for testing

Former Community Member
Hello,

Looking at the document customizeworkspaceui.pdf, I have created a Flex project using WS source. Do configurations and build the project. "bin" folder is regenerated with new items. After that "Deploying the compiled Workspace ES application for testing" part, I have put the bin folder's content under testWorkspace directory inside jboss-webtomcat../ROOT.war. When I tried to refer from the explorer as localhost:8080/testWorkspace/Main.htm, nothing displays except a blank page. The "initializing" progress bar do not display. What can be the problem. Do I need any configuration to create new custom workspace? How can I package them as a client "war" and "ear"?

Thanks

Asiye
23 Replies

Former Community Member
1) Is the HTML wrapper called Main.htm or Main.html?

2) Is the url correct? The document has testworkspace not testWorkspace, as long as your consistent it should be ok.

There is a simpler approach you can take though. When you create your project, or modify your existing one, you can set the Output folder to your [JBossPath]/jboss-webtomcat../ROOT.war/testworkspace, therefore you don't need to copy the bin directory to the testworkspace directory as it will automatically compile it to that location. The second thing you can setup is the Output folder URL to: http://localhost:8080/testworkspace. Both of these settings can be configured on your project via, Right Click your Project -> Properties -> Flex Builder Path.

When you have configured these options you can simply click Debug Flex Application or Run Flex Application from Flex Builder.

Former Community Member
One other thing to check is that in your testworkspace output directory on your JBoss server is that it contains the locale folder with the localization resource swf files, if you don't have these files deployed you will get a white screen, then after a few seconds you'll get an error.

Former Community Member
Hi again,

When I import the WSSource as a flex project, it had no "locale" folder. So I created a locale folder under "html-template" and create the localized workspace_rb_[lang].swf under the locale folder. I also configured the output folder and URL to testWorkspace. When I tried to debug, it shows blank page with no errors.

I have extracted the adobe-workspace-client.war file content and compare them with my testWorkspace folder. Some files are missing in testWorkspace. These are:

Main-auto.html, Main-debug-auto.html, workspace-auto.swf, workspace-debug-auto.swf, workspace-debug.swf, workspace-runtime.swc, workspace-toast-debug.swf, workspace.swf.

Why are they missing, how can I create these files?

Also Main.html files are different. testWorkspace's Main.html file initialize <body onload="init('Main')">, but adobe-workspace's Main.html includes "<body onload="init('workspace')">". Can it be the problem?

When I have changed the sources like WelcomePane.mxml and build the project, how changes are reflected to my output folder?

Thanks a lot.

Asiye

Former Community Member
Hi again,

I also applied the steps "Creating the application logic for a simplified Workspace ES" in customizeworkspaceui.pdf. But I could not achieve, same blank page appears? Can the Flex SDK or Builder versions be problem?

Flex SDK: Version 2.0.1 build 155542

Flex Builder: 2.0.1

Thanks,

Asiye

Former Community Member
Asiye, what version of LiveCycle are you using?

There's probably nothing wrong with the Flex SDK just a configuration issue with Workspace.

Former Community Member
I am using LiveCycle ES 8.0.1 trial with jboss turnkey installation, downloaded from Adobe's site. Can you mail me a working (in your site) workspace flex project? So that I can check if it is the problem of my LiveCycle.

asiye.aydin@gmail.com

Former Community Member
Hi Asiye,

For your Flex version, does it include hotfix 2, but I would agree with Workspace User that it is more likely a configuration error. Before you compiled, I assume that you copied the newer version of the fds.swc file and have your Library Path to point to the new version? When you compile, are you getting any warnings at all?

To confirm, you didn't install LiveCycle Data services did you? I vaguely remember doing that by accident which gave me strange behavior.

Can you provide the path that you copied your bin files to on ..\jboss-tomcat55.sar\ROOT.war\ folder?

Former Community Member
I dont know is it the new version but I copied the fds.swc file from C:\Adobe\LiveCycle8\jboss\server\all\tmp\deploy\tmp58517adobe-livecycle-jboss.ear-contents\adobe-workspace-runtime-exp.war\WEB-INF\flex\libs folder. I point this version from Workspace project. I am not getting any warnings in problems tab after building. I have removed LiveCycle Data services but that does not help. I put my testWorkspace folder and SWC files under SWCS.rar inside testWorkspace.rar. You can download it from www.karakaya.com/testWorkspace.rar or www.karakaya.com.tr/testWorkspace.rar .

I tried the adobe share to put the document but give error, "add document failed!".

Thanks for your help.

Asiye

Former Community Member
Asiye, see if this helps http://my.adobe.acrobat.com/p76703616/ There's no audio, but you should be able to see the steps which are taken to setup the development environment.

The video shows the user using Flex/Builder 3.0 SDK, but then rolls it back to use the 2.0.1 Hotfix 3. Which is probably what your using. The key is to get the fds.swc, fds_rb.swc, workspac_rb.swc, and workspace-runtime.swc file in your build path.

Modify the Flex compiler options to specify the locale and services options.

Organize the html-template directory to include the files as show in the demo.

Former Community Member
After the usage of Flex Builder 3 beta version, my problem disappears. I have imported the same project and deploy to same server, everyting works fine.

Thanks all for your help.

Asiye

Former Community Member
Hi,

I also have this issue, but I have to use flex builder 2.0.1.

I applied all the steps described in customizeworkspaceui.pdf.

The project is compiled without any errors or warnings , but the blank page appears in the browser.

any ideas?????

thanks, Oliver

Former Community Member
Hi Oliver,

I have also tried on Flex Builder 2 (with no errors), but same white page appears to me. When I tred in Flex Builder 3, same project worked. Try Flex Builder 3.

Asiye

Former Community Member
Hi, Asiye.

I managed to compile it on Flex Builder 2, and everything works fine now. The solution was to install hotFix 2.

thanks

Oliver

Former Community Member
Hi Again,

I have tried the Flex Builder 2 with hotfix 2. At this time no compilation errros, but the displayed page is without the images(pngs) and gives and error in firefox as

VerifyError: Error #1053: Illegal override of resourcesChanged in mx.core.Application.

at flash.display::MovieClip/nextFrame()

at mx.core::FlexModuleFactory/::deferredNextFrame()

at mx.core::FlexModuleFactory/::update()

at mx.core::FlexModuleFactory/::moduleCompleteHandler()

ReferenceError: Error #1065: Variable lc__embed_css_images_LC_DirectShare_Sm_NG_png_1526843370 is not defined.

at flash.display::MovieClip/nextFrame()

at mx.core::FlexModuleFactory/::deferredNextFrame()

at mx.core::FlexModuleFactory/::update()

at mx.core::FlexModuleFactory/::moduleCompleteHandler()

same errors are given for all images in the page.

What can be the problem?

Thanks.

Asiye

Level 3
Hi

I have exactly the same problem as Asiye with the 'VerifyError: Error #1053: Illegal override of resourcesChanged in mx.core.Application'.

I have Flex Builder 3 because I can't find a copy of the old V2 to download.

I've tried using both the SDKS 2.0.1 and SDKS 3.0.0 with Flex Builder 3 to compile the .swf but get the same error with both when deployed back into LC ES.

Does anyone know if the Flex Builder 3 SDKS is compatible with LC ES ?

Or if not does anyone know if the Hot Fix 2 is included in the Flex Builder 3 SDKS 2.0.1 build, and if not how I can install it please ?

Or finally, is the above error likely to be related to the Hot Fix 2 and if not what else should I be looking to fix ?

Thanks - Stuart

Former Community Member
Are you using the debug version of Flash player? When you ignore the errors, does it work?

Former Community Member
In Flex 3, you can compile with Flex 2 hotfix 2. To do so, follow these steps:<br />1. Right-click your project and then select Properties.<br />2. In the Properties for <your project name>, select Flex Compiler in the left menu.<br />3. In the Flex SDK Version, select Use a specific SDK, then, in the dropdown, select Flex 2.0.1 hotfix 3. (hotfix 3 includes hotfix 2).<br /><br />I'm using the Flex 3 released version. If you have an eariler beta version, the steps may differ....<br /><br />Hope that helps!

Level 3
Hi flexairlr

Thanks for the feed-back. I'm busy trying to get ES SP2 to work at the moment but I'll give your suggestion a try next week

Best Regards - Stuart